Megarays for chameleons

Hello,
I have a veiled chameleon. Is it better to use a 100 watt heat bulb and reptisun 10.0 t5 ho. That's my current setup. Can I switch to one that's called megaray. Wanted to use 70watt on my chameleon. Let me know whats best thanks. Not finding any info online with megarays and company doesn't email back.

The chameleon

Attachments

• 20201207_202050.jpg
    20201207_202050.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 76
Hi there welcome to the forum. You would want to stick to the T5Ho fixture. But you would want a full 11-12 inch drop to basking from the fixture with a 10.0 bulb. Or switch to a 5.0 bulb and do a 8-9 inch drop to basking. I would not use a 100 watt heat bulb... basking temp should be about 80-85 max.

The mega rays are dangerous to use on cham cages without a solarmeter 6.5 to tell you the UVI level at basking. Not only do they put out a very high UVI level but they can put out a lot of heat.

More thorough info on husbandry. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

I have used MegaRay, they are only for large enclosure, not through screen.
I still have one going. They are hard to get temp low enough for Cham and still provide enough uvb.

I have been switching to T5HO with separate heat bulb. It is far easier to balance.

Back
Top Bottom