MBD

Hey my Chameleon is 2 and a half years old and he still looks like a larger adolescent, he also has MBD and isn't as active during the day. What foods and suppliments would you recommend for him?

Welcome to the forums. Any photos of your chameleon and his enclosure?

I feed dubia, discoids, crickets, silkworms, hornworms, Phoenix worms, super worms and grasshoppers. Not all at once. I rotate around but always have 3 or 4 feeders on hand at all times.

You need to gut load the feeders with greens they are excellent. You can use collard greens, kale, bell pepper, carrots, butternut squash apple and orange. You can also buy a premixed dry gut load such as Cricket Crack.

The feeders have to be "lightly" dusted with 2 kinds of supplements. When your chameleon is young you will use plain calcium (no d3) at just about every feeding...... if you skip one or two days a month that's ok. You will also need Reptivite with d3 twice a month.

Please post photos of your chameleon and the whole cage including the lights.
How do you know he has MBD and what have you been doing to correct it?
How long ago did you know he had it? How domyounknow he has MBD?

Sorry it took me a while to respond, will do.

While i wait to post a pic I'll send all the details I can right now

Type:
Ambilobe Panther Chameleon
Offspring of Ihany Drako from Kammerflage Kreations
Born May 2020

Lighting:
UVB T5 10.0 HO
Regular Heat Lamp (I'm not sure of the exact wattage but its what was recommended)

Cage Dimensions:
4x2x2 ft.

Misting:
4 Fluid Ounces per spray session
Experienced inadequate misting over the course of the summer because I was away and unreliant placeholders
I've been giving him 3 a day now to make up for that and he doesn't seem to be parched or dry, his enclosure is always moist

Eating: Was fed just superworms for the entire summer which was not my instructions to caretaker, I instructed black soldier flies which obviously didn't happen
Food was un-gutloaded and un-supplimented
Now he's being offered black soldier fly larvae which he elects not to eat

We know he has mbd because his tongue often misses his target and doesn't outstretch to the correct length which is a common symptom

Behavior:
Hasn't moved from his sleeping spot in days, keeps his eyes closed for 16 hours a day

While he never had his growth spurt he isn't skinny at all, his proportions are all correct

The vets in the area are wildly unexperienced and untrustworthy, I've heard of stories about accidentally harming reptiles. It's prudent that I care for him by my own means. I am willing to buy any products or subscriptions needed to save his life or do anything to save his life.

Attachments

• Document575253119 (1).pdf
    519.6 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom