Maybe my best shot of Spike yet 🥰

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
Came home from work just now and he was hanging out near the door of his enclosure. Which he doesn't normally do when I'm home. Not at this spot anyway. I carefully opened the door and tried to see if he would climb on my finger. As usual he opted to threaten to eat my finger instead. So, I once again settled for a photo 😍

Some day Spike. Some day

20231021_123520.jpg
n to eat my

20231021_123516.jpg

Last edited:
Came home from work just now and he was hanging out near the door of his enclosure. Which he doesn't normally do when I'm home. Not at this spot anyway. I carefully opened the door and tried to see if he would climb on my finger. As usual he opted to threaten to eat my finger instead. So, I once again settled for a photo 😍

Some day Spike. Some day

View attachment 345255n to eat my

View attachment 345254
He is coloring up fast!

He is coloring up fast!
Yep! I love his colors 🥰 he got super fired up when I was trying to let him climb on my hand lol His entire throat was a super super bright orange / almost red, leading under his body a little bit. He's getting there! I tried to grab a pic of that but as soon as I pulled my hand away he went back to these colors lol

I think that little stinker knows you long for his friendship and is just torturing you till he can’t hold up his bad boy image any longer! 😂 your wearing him dowwwn. 😍🥰 oh spikey

I think that little stinker knows you long for his friendship and is just torturing you till he can’t hold up his bad boy image any longer! 😂 your wearing him dowwwn. 😍🥰 oh spikey
Surely lol I think he's going through phases for sure. Because he absolutely refuses to eat from my hand now. And He's done it a few times or so in the past. Could be timing, but I've even tried at different times. I think he's being super stubborn.

I may have to introduce a special tasty treat for him. Any ideas!? Something that should make him excited lol

Surely lol I think he's going through phases for sure. Because he absolutely refuses to eat from my hand now. And He's done it a few times or so in the past. Could be timing, but I've even tried at different times. I think he's being super stubborn.

I may have to introduce a special tasty treat for him. Any ideas!? Something that should make him excited lol
My big guy thinks superworms are crack I swear lol- he see those things from a mile away. But I know not all chams feel the same.
He is very picky though. I’ve just introduced silkworm’s again ( I tried a few times before and he snubbed his nose to them) and now I swear he thinks they are Candy. He won’t touch a hornworm for nothing either. I gave those when he was younger and I think he got bit. Forget roaches, he came off roaches months ago.
I feel like I have a toddler sometimes. Lol good luck finding his tooth.

My big guy thinks superworms are crack I swear lol- he see those things from a mile away. But I know not all chams feel the same.
He is very picky though. I’ve just introduced silkworm’s again ( I tried a few times before and he snubbed his nose to them) and now I swear he thinks they are Candy. He won’t touch a hornworm for nothing either. I gave those when he was younger and I think he got bit. Forget roaches, he came off roaches months ago.
I feel like I have a toddler sometimes. Lol good luck finding his tooth.
Spike refuse to eat superworms... BUT they were bigger before and he was smaller. hmm maybe I will try those again if I can find some small ones

Yep! I love his colors 🥰 he got super fired up when I was trying to let him climb on my hand lol His entire throat was a super super bright orange / almost red, leading under his body a little bit. He's getting there! I tried to grab a pic of that but as soon as I pulled my hand away he went back to these colors lol
You gotta be quicker than that!🤣. Spike is gorgeous! He knows how to you on your A game🤣. Flashing colors before uou can grab a pic. Smart guy!

Some day Spike. Some day

View attachment 345255n to eat my

View attachment 345254
Hello pretty Bspike 💗 💗 are you getting enough yummies??

Hello pretty Bspike 💗 💗 are you getting enough yummies??
Absolutely. In fact, he's not really eating a whole lot of his normal bugs right now (Crickets, BSFL, silkworms). He seems to eat some crickets that escape his window feeder. Not really touching BSFL, and is eating like 1-2 silkworms at most.

I've been having a flux of Black Soldier Flies hatched flying around in his enclosure and he seems to really enjoy chasing them around and eating them lol.... but now he's ignoring the rest of his food! So I'm gonna slow down the flies and try to get him back on track. This has been going on for almost a week now.

Back
Top Bottom