• Votes: 3 4.2%

• Votes: 1 1.4%

• Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well The Photo contest is for all members and they are a member so I think that they should have all the same rights normal members have. Not trying to argue, I'm just stating my opinion
Very valid opinion! I wasn't trying to sound like they shouldn't be allowed. Just maybe have a photo contest for the sponsors and see them go at it just because it would be neat to see since they seem to have the best looking Chamys.

Just a suggestion, I think that sponsors should not be allowed to enter or should have their own section for contests. Of course their chams will look the best have the best colors etc. also the rules say have a natural background. Love the Cham and photo for this month but it doesn't seem very natural. Idk just some thoughts. Hope no one gets upset.

This idea seems counter intuitive as the site sponsor are the ones supporting and keeping the forums going. We might not put in all the hard work and hours running the site like Brad and the moderators do but our contributions to the forums in both monetary and informational term I feel are priceless. Why would you want to take away from someone attempting to support the community and share images of some species that most might not have ever seen in captivity? I personally find the photo contest being one of my favorite things to participate in on the forums. I enjoy and spend just as much time taking pictures of my chameleons as I do working with and keeping them. Being a sponsor doesn't aid anyone in the overall look of a chameleon, nor does it provide one with the proper equipment, ability or skills to take photographs of these amazing creatures.

As for the naturalistic background, to each his own. I prefer the clean look of a white background as it highlights the chameleon and only the chameleon. It creates a showcase for that individual animal and as with most of my images is also a showcase for the species as a whole. A lot of these species have not been photographed in captivity for quite some time and a large amount of them have only been photographed in the wild under poor lighting conditions and typically during the night. Providing a pure white background allows for a different perspective that isn't commonly associated with chameleons and in my opinion creates a beautiful overall photograph.

I hope the underlying reason for this suggestion isn't about the prize associated with the winning photograph. As with my past photo contest wins, this months prize will be donated to someone in the community that we feel deserves and would greatly benefit from it. There seems to be an increasing amount of negativity being thrown at the photo contest lately and I can't speak for everyone but I feel it is starting to take away from the fun and excitement that the contest bring. It is designed to be something positive and to bring the community together yet lately this hasn't been the case. I believe everyone needs to take a step back and look at the overall "picture" as for what we are attempting to accomplish here as a community.

We all have the chance to buy one of our sponsors chams and take pictures, so I don't think that part is a problem. ;) Great pics this month! Congrats to the winners.

Back
Top Bottom