• Votes: 11 8.8%

• Votes: 3 2.4%

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Votes: 14 11.2%

• Votes: 11 8.8%

• Votes: 12 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's very easy to get some points, but you need much time: You should write in every thread where sb shows the newest pics of his/her chams and tell the person that the pics are great (even if you don't think so). For this you will get sooner or later points. So you don't need any experience, just be nice and write gentle words. That's how our system here works...

I think you have noticed that people such as myself and Chris A are not always so gentle. Being appropriate, factual, and helpful will also score you points.

I think you have noticed that people such as myself and Chris A are not always so gentle. Being appropriate, factual, and helpful will also score you points.

Of course you are right. But I bet that the majority of the points made by members are just given because of nice words and posts which support the belief of the thread creater.
Personally I didn't even earn one single point for saying "your enclosure is way too small. There are not enough plants in it, the lightening isn't good. You are feeding too much, chameleons have a completely other metabolism than we have"...

Of course you are right. But I bet that the majority of the points made by members are just given because of nice words and posts which support the belief of the thread creater.
Personally I didn't even earn one single point for saying "your enclosure is way too small. There are not enough plants in it, the lightening isn't good. You are feeding too much, chameleons have a completely other metabolism than we have"...
Great post! Do I get a point now? :D

I kid...I kid

I get points for those kinds of posts-just not from the original poster!

Unless my memory is going, always possible, I gave you rep points and a thank you for just such a post. When you decide to be helpful you are wonderful but Benny you know sometime you just like to stir the pot - like right now.:D

EDIT
Also I have gotten a lot of rep points for pointing out problems, but Julie is correct, they are not from the person who started the thread.

Edit again:

Did you look at how many points both you & Chris Anderson have?????

Last edited:
Unless my memory is going, always possible, I gave you rep points and a thank you for just such a post. When you decide to be helpful you are wonderful but Benny you know sometime you just like to stir the pot - like right now.:D

EDIT
Also I have gotten a lot of rep points for pointing out problems, but Julie is correct, they are not from the person who started the thread.

Edit again:

Did you look at how many points both you & Chris Anderson have?????

Damn, I wish I'd have your memory ;) !

@GoFast: Nope, no points ;)

The Results

The Results​

1st place: Jono
Species: Bradipodion damaranum
Common: Kynsna Dwarf Chameleon
Sex: female

2nd place: jojothefirst
Species: Chamaeleo calyptratus
Common: Veiled Chameleon
Sex: male

3rd place: eisentrauti
Species: Kinyongia uthmoelleri
Common: Hanang Hornless Chameleon
Sex: male

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 05 => 5 pts (jojothefirst)
photo 01 => 3 pts (Jono)
photo 13 => 1 pts (Trace)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: sandrachameleon, laurie, and Brad.
The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:

judge1:
photo 01 => 3 pts (Jono)
photo 06 => 2 pts (eisentrauti)
photo 10 => 1 pts (yeyo)

judge2:
photo 01 => 3 pts (Jono)
photo 05 => 1 pts (jojothefirst)

judge2:
photo 13 => 3 pts (Trace)
photo 09 => 1 pts (Kent67)

point totals
photo 01 - Jono: 9 pts
photo 05 - jojothefirst: 6 pts
photo 06 - eisentrauti: 6 pts
photo 13 - Trace: 4 pts
photo 09 - Kent67: 1 pts
photo 10 - yeyo: 1pts

Another great contest! The public vote was the tie breaker for 2nd place. Thanks goes out to the judges and everyone who participated. The contest always has room for improvement, so if anyone has a suggestion please create a new thread in the photo contest or feedback forums. If you prefer to remain anonymous you can send me an email or private message.

Medals have been awarded.
Congratulations to the winners :) :D

Back
Top Bottom