Male Temporalis & Male brevicaudatus in the same enclosure?

findingnemo

Hey everyone one,

My Girlfriend and I were wondering if its possible to have a male Temporalis and male Brevicaudatus in the same enclosure. we know that two males from the same species will fight, but will two different male species fight? I tried researching this through the internet but didn't find an answer.

We currently have a male and female Temporalis living with a female Brevicaudatus and they get along just fine. Our female Brevicaudatus has successfully mated before the Temporalis' were introduced into the tank. We are hoping to have some more cute baby Brevicaudatus around one day.

So we are asking:

1. Can the two different male species get along?

2. If so, Can the two different species reproduced without any issues in the
same enclosure? (could the other species kill the young or destroy the
eggs?)

3. would a second enclosure be the best call for our situation? ( keep in
mine we have a smaller tank set up for the young.)

Thanks for your time and knowledge,

Justin & Janice

A second habitat is always the best solution. Years ago, I had ordered 1.4 brevs, but was sent 2.3 instead. My habitat was 36" long, but placed at opposite ends, the two males went straight for the middle for a show-down. For mental and physical health, the 2 species need their own space. :)

Thanks for the quick response ChamLady,

When you say 1.4 and 2.3, I assume your referring to a ratio of males to females Brevicaudatus? I'm curious if a male Brevicaudatus and a male Temporalis will fight in the same enclosure. do you have any experience with the two different species in one enclosure?

Justin & Janice

Nope, sorry, I have no experience mixing species. That's just not something I would do. For their well-being, I believe that they should be with their own kind. :)

I wouldn't. Some might leave each other be but you cant really predict it, plus the temp for each species is a little different and I've found they do best when kept separate.

Back
Top Bottom