Mékaan less color on his head, is this normal?

Melvin

Look at the top of his head, he doesn't have the same color there as he have on his body.. I dont mind because i really love him the way he is :) But is this dangerous or something to worry about? the grey color at the top of his head?

Thanks!

It looks like he's getting ready to shed. Has he always been like this? Have you had him long enough to see him shed before and rule that out?

I have a male that looks like that to. I have had him since dec of 09 and for about 2 going on 3 months now his casque looks exactly like that like he is going to shed i have seen him shed twice and still his head look the same

Fairly common..........

That is actually a fairly common coloration for male Veileds. I've got a few that have more grey on their casque and ridge over their eyes like that. It's not an illness or health issue. How old is he? It could be an upcoming shed coloration and you will know if it's that situation fairly soon. If not a shed issue it is nothing to worry about.

Mine is the same

My male is the same , and he has shed loads, although he is still young he is getting some colour and black lines around it now, but still very pale????:confused:l

DSCF1505.jpg

Male Veiled Coloration Phases......

Male Veileds go through a number of coloration phases. It is not the same for any two males. Some go through a very blah brown body coloration phase. They continue to change their coloration in some form or another for at least a 1 1/2 years. I've got lots of male Veiled juvies and they all seem to color up and change differently. I don't mind the grey color on the casque. As they get really mature and big in size the overall color and pattern of their bodies makes the grey on the casque less noticeable. In some it becomes more white in appearance. Don't consider it a strike against him in the coloration department. He's a very handsome boy!

Yes mine to ill post some pic of him when I get home from work I am glade its nothing to worry about and plus I like the way it looks it kinda cool nothing wrong with being different

I've had him for 9 month and no, he's not shedding soon.. he just did :) Thats just he's color :) when he was smaller he had the same color on his casque that he had on his body.. but 3 or 4 months ago he just lost the color on the casque and it just turned grey.. it's hard to see with your own eye, but if you take a picture with flash you can see that its grey :)

Back
Top Bottom