Luna and her progress with MBD

Luna2009

Hello,

I know some of you spoke to me regarding Luna and I thought you would like an update.

Well she was seen by a vet and he was convinced that she has had MBD with the previous owner and her arms haven't (ebing bowed) recovered due to how long it was left. The vet is pleased that she has a excellent grip and she demonstrated for him!! We are currently awaiting blood tests results for the final answer.

We have no had her for 5 wks and She is eating well - some eyes to big for her belly LOL!! She is very active and but some weight on her little body and getting bigger by the week. Her cheeky personality is showing through now especially when she is out. She is very trusting with Me and my BF Si as she comes to us and hand feeds. She is having an new enclosure this weekend with hopefully a real plant this time and new UV bulb also.

Me and Simon are really happy with her and she is a little darling!! She loves having a shower too!

Thanks to the people who helped us before with MBD advice!!

Melanie!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update on Luna, I am glad you were able to get her into the vet.
Female veileds do have an appetite bigger than their bellies, do watch that you don't overfeed her. She will gorge and overfeeding will promote egg growth (even infertile if not mated later) & increase actual clutch size. This will be very hard on her.
If you would like, post your intended new enclosure and you will receive feedback on the setup to assist that everything is perfect for her.
Sounds as though she is getting better; showing signs of trusting/hand feeding and even some veiled attitude :)

Thank You Panthercrazy!!! She is very trusting and loves coming out and loves being hand feed. Yeah we are cutting down on the how much we feed her to avoid this. Yes hopefully the results from the blood test will be fine. The vet said there was no point doing xrays as he knew her bowed arms were due to MBD and it was just a case of making sure she hasn't still got it. But he suspects not as she is a brilliant climber and has a strong grip!!

Yes I will post a picture of her new enclosure. We are currently discussing sizes and buying her new things. One things she loves is the Exo Terra Vines, currently has 3!! Oops me and Si been spoiling her something rotten!!

Back
Top Bottom