lump under his foot

towi

Hello,

My panther chameleon (one year old) has a weird lump under his foot for a while now.
Apart from that he acts and looks healthy, he eats and drinks well. And is active as always.

He sometimes avoids using his foot, (lies down and letting his foot hang) see picture.

The lump feels hard and looks dark/black.

Anyone knows what this lump is?

Thanks in advance!
IMG_1854.PNG
IMG_1853.PNG
IMG_1855.PNG
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Thanks for your reply!
Any idea what could cause it? And Will it stay like this or can It become larger?
will take him to vet for sure!

guy from the shop said to use peroxide and ‘pop‘ it with a pincette and remove the pus.

Thanks for your reply!
Any idea what could cause it? And Will it stay like this or can It become larger?
will take him to vet for sure!

guy from the shop said to use peroxide and ‘pop‘ it with a pincette and remove the pus.
I’d leave the popping for the vet. If there is pus the vet will need to clean it out and possibly debride any dead tissue and then prescribe an antibiotic. If it is indeed what I think it looks like, messing with it could make things worse. Whatever the black spot is, your vet is the one to diagnose and properly treat it.

he is in a new cage since 5 weeks, with plants and small bamboo sticks. This lump appeared after he moved in his new cage.

What is a bumble Foot? thanks!
41821426-0D99-41D8-A396-52C1622EBB09.jpeg
41821426-0D99-41D8-A396-52C1622EBB09.jpeg

I had to google it. Bumble foot (aka plantar pododermatitis) is caused by staphylococcus and creates an abscess covered by a black scab. In other words, you need a vet.

Back
Top Bottom