LLL reptile?

dectr6

Is LLL a reputable dealer? They have baby panthers for $135. Their only 3-4" total length. Isn't that a little small to be selling to an average customer? All my chams were at least 3 months old.

i know as far a supplies go i did get some from them and they were great. saying that i was curious about their animals. mostly the pathers, do they take pride in their breeding projects or are they bought and being resold.

I have been to the store in ocean side. I was not impressed by how they keep chams. a couple had sunken eyes and the cages didn't seem that clean..... BUT if you consider how many other animals they keep... you can imagine it isn't easy. My honest opinion is that I wouldn't buy from them.... But really, that is just me. Are they better than petsmart or petco?! YES! They are light years ahead of them. As far as supplies go, they are great! as far as feeders?! I have had some issues.... the first time I ordered 1/8 inch they were DOA and so i asked for 1/4 inch replacements and about half were DOA and then I ordered 1/2 and I'd say a 1/4 were DOA..... AND it seemed the order wasn't filled right..... I ordered 1000 and got 500... I called and they said they would figure it out.... and then they said 'ok the breeder messed up.." mind you I paid for next day shipment...... so when they asked if they could ship on Monday (it was Thursday when I called to complain) I wasn't so happy.... but they ate it and the other half of my order showed up the next day. I must say the breeder for crickets they use is kinda sad. I like the crickets..... that are alive. The other half that are DOA because of the potato in the box... not so good.

Oh here is another LLL reptile story... My GF and I were looking at the frogs and inside of the little cages was a dead frog... and a live one. My GF told the girl behind the counter "hey there is a dead one in this cage" and the girl was like "hes not dead.............. oooooohhh that one" lol inside the cage was a frog soooo dead It was crispy....

Overall I rate LLL Reptile a reputable place of bizz... I have just had issues... but they were corrected. If I lived closer to the shop I would shop there whenever I need something... but they are about 45-90 minutes away (depending on the time of day... and the day).

LLL is good for getting your 5.0 bulbs... Not getting your panthers from. Save up a few more bucks and get a cham from one of the fine breeders here on the site. You will thank yourself later.

That's what I thought. It sounded like they were just buying their chams from other breeders and not breeding them themselves. Isn't three to four inch panthers too young? All the chams I've bought were usually sub adult.

LLL is good for getting your 5.0 bulbs... Not getting your panthers from. Save up a few more bucks and get a cham from one of the fine breeders here on the site. You will thank yourself later.

I agree it seems that the breeders here are well informed and good dealers.

There's no way to know the bloodline or anything about what your getting
their veilds are bought in bulk and sold to the general public.
They're fine as a starter animal, but if you're looking for something better
there's many people here that have superior animals for sale. (cough, cough)

Your so subtle...LOL. That's directed at you Jeweled. I'm not thinking about getting one from anyone now, I just thought something had to be wrong with the size and price of the animals. I've got one six month veiled and one panther that keep me busy and worried enough. I am thinking about a rudis or elliotti in the somewhat near future. I will keep you in mind. I've heard nothing but good about you. David

:)

LOL Thanks Decrtr6
Yup, suave and sophisticated.. that's me! LOL.

Honestly I don't have any problems with LLR
They're all fine people and I've always stopped at their table at different shows.
but their business is not geared for anything other than bulk pricing and moving "products".

I wouldn't say there's anything "wrong" about their pricing or what they offer.
It doesn't mean that any animal won't be a good one to have as a friendly pet.
it just means that you're really tending to get what you pay for.

Last edited:
I'm sure you have a pretty good chance of getting a good animal there, but I've always liked to buy from the breeder if at all possible. You usually know exactly when it was born, where it was born and who the parents are and what kind of condition it is in. You also have that personal connection with the breeder.

Back
Top Bottom