Liz is acting sick

Mrsfriz&Liz

Hello, I am new to this site and my girl is looking sick. I’m not sure how everyone else got the template with cage description and lights but I’ll try to give you the lowdown.
Cage: 4 1/2 ft tall and a 2ft by 2ft base. One side is glass the rest is open. 2 live plants and the rest are fake. Most of her climbing limbs are drift wood I found, I baked them before putting them inside. She has a laying box in the corner, she has no substrate on the ground just an old cloth that is green.
Lights: she has the dual lamp set up one is a heat bulb and one is an uvb bulb. They sit about 6-8 inches away from her basking area.
Water/food: she has a dropper and a humidifier, I would only sprinkle cage with water if it seemed Really dry (I realize this isn’t the best now) and I would feed about 15 crickets every other day sprinkled with calcium powder.

What’s wrong: about 4 days ago she didn’t eat any of her food.. this is very strange for her. I assumed it was Just because it was Getting late and she wanted to rest. The next day I noticed her eyes were extremely sunken in and she was napping during the day. I read a lot and tried to give her a shower and drip some water in her mouth, she allowed for this but seemed weaker then normal, she still puffed up and bit me for taking her out. When she was asleep she was extremely dark in color which is not normal, the next morning she seemed weaker and her day time color was dulled. I tried showering her again then put her near a heater but not to close to see if that would help, it did for a second but she is still very weak with sunken eyes and she is still sleeping during the day.

Attachments

• 2B0F7A24-35F1-4C4F-A2B7-A4C184959226.jpeg
    2B0F7A24-35F1-4C4F-A2B7-A4C184959226.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 1921C360-5754-472E-8333-86EEE4729246.jpeg
    1921C360-5754-472E-8333-86EEE4729246.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 04338A9C-ACBA-491B-BF03-122AAE8176D3.jpeg
    04338A9C-ACBA-491B-BF03-122AAE8176D3.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 71
Eggbound or not, she still needs a vet right away. No way around it, unless you want a dead cham.

Wasn’t trying to go around going to the vet I’m actually a vet assistant but she can’t be seen until tomorrow

They can lay eggs every 4 months. How many did she lay in August? Did she lay them in a hole and fill it in?

At least it's good to hear that the last clutch was laid properly...but IMHO 60 eggs is way too many ...under 24 would have been better.

I don't know what to tell you to so to keep her alive until tomorrow. I'm not a vet.

I would rather see you spend time getting her to a vet right now but if you can't, I recommend that you answer the questions in this thread so we can see if there's any changes to make...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Back
Top Bottom