Live or Artificial plants?

do you think its better for the chameleon to have live plants or artificial, also what is a good plant that will fill up empty space in the enclosure

They do contain some compounds that are not good for them but thousands of veileds with pothos later no obvious problems have occurred. I say pothos because it is an inexpensive easy plant to grow and takes a beating. Most home improvement stores and even Walmart has them.
You can wait for veiled owners to chime in with their favorites.

They do contain some compounds that are not good for them but thousands of veileds with pothos later no obvious problems have occurred. I say pothos because it is an inexpensive easy plant to grow and takes a beating. Most home improvement stores and even Walmart has them.
You can wait for veiled owners to chime in with their favorites.
ok thanks i was just making sure

I am a new chameleon owner and initially believed fake plants were more sanitary since I could remove them and periodically steam clean them. But I have since moved to live plants and appreciate that not only are live plants more sanity (just cut away a leaf with a poop on it) they also keep up humidity and hold water droplets better during misting.

Also the term, “toxic” is relative. Caffeine and alcohol are both toxic at certain levels but we still use them. A few trillion cups of coffee and beers later and we have a pretty good grasp on what will make us sick or kill us. Toxicity really depends on the health of the individual and the level of the toxins they ingest. Same with chameleons. Lots of chameleons are in enclosures with pothos plants and have no reported issues so that’s how we know it’s safe. Give them a nice hanging plant and they will be happy!

(just cut away a leaf with a poop on it)
Your choice of course, but not really necessary unless you're treating for coccidia.
Most falls to the floor in my enclosure, so I pick it up and follow with a spritzing of
https://www.chewy.com/natures-miracle-small-animal-cage/dp/191402

On plants, I remove the 💩 and wipe with a PT moistened with same.

Some use alcohol or peroxide. With alcohol, I'd remove the tenant temporarily due to fumes.

For safe plants and how to fill up an enclosure, see https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/
Note those that are "Veiled Tested" (includes Golden Pothos).

Back
Top Bottom