Live Food translated from German, any feeder guide requests?

Syn

Avid Member
I just found out the other day how much this book's list price is.. so I will be keeping this book. :rolleyes::p
http://www.gettextbooks.ca/isbn/9783930612642

Haha anyways..

I have the book Live Food that was translated from German. It is a great resource and I'd love to share any information from the book with you.
I will do my best to summarize the book's guides without plagiarizing... but if that isn't possible and what I'm doing is plagiarism, please let me know and I'll just keep the information myself.

Here is what the book has to offer as far as insects go:
Please excuse any misspellings as I'm looking at the book and typing as I go.

Springtails (Collembola)
Firebrats (Thermobia domestica)

True Flies (Diptera)
Small and Large (Flightless) FFs (D. melanogaster and D. hydei)
House Fly (Musca domestica)

Large Central European Bean Aphid (Acyrthosiphon pisum)

Argentine Roach (B. dubia)
Green Banana Cockroach (Panchlora nivea)
Forest Cockroach (Shellfordella tartara)

Tropical House Cricket (Gryllodes sigillatus)
Jamaican Field Cricket (Gryllus assimilis)
Two-spotted Cricket (Gryllus bimaculatus)
House Cricket (Acheta domestica)
^I didn't really read through these too much because I can't stand crickets, so I don't know if they are similar guides or not but they may be.

Desert Locust (Schistocerca gregaria)

Annam Stick Insect (Baculum extradentatum)

Lesser and Large Wax Moth (Achroea grisella and Laggeria melonella)

Flour Beetles (Tenebrio molitor) and larvae (mealworms)
Zophobas Darkling Beetles (Zophobas morio) and larvae (superworms)
Confused Flour Beetle (Tribolium confusum)
Larvae of Sun Beetles (Pachnoda spp.)

White woodlouse (Trichorhina tomentosa), what some of us call isopods or rolly pollies. :p

House mouse (Mus musculus)

I'll type of whatever people would really like to read about, but I won't be doing all of them unless I have way too much time next week (doesn't look like it).

I've skimmed the book a few times but only got to actually fully reading it today. It's an awesome book and I suggest purchasing it if you can.

PLEASE NOTE: I am willing to bet guides that are already readily available on things like dubia and mice are similar to guides in the book.
Unless you absolutely want to read a summary of what the book has to offer, please don't request it.

Back
Top Bottom