Lip looks weird

Feeding... Do you feed everyday? If so at his age you need to start curbing him back to every other day feedings.
Guttload for feeders needs to be improved. You can buy Repashy bug burger or do a mixture of veg and fruits alternating what types you use each week. See graphic.
Supplements... right schedule. Can you take pics of the supplement bottles so we can see the exact ones you are using?
hand misting is fine. length of time is good and the amount of mistings during the day is good.
Fecal description... if the urate is mostly yellow or even a third yellow then he has dehydration issues. I am guessing that while you are misting the fact that he is in a glass cage is contributing to this. Hot moist air is what it is creating. Which is not good for him. Also no live plants in the enclosure.. This is what they like to drink off of. Pothos plants are wonderful and they even like chewing on them. You can put a little dripper device on the top of your cage creating a slow consistent drip onto the leaves
Cage type... As already pointed out. Much too small for the little man. needs to be changed asap
Lighting... As already pointed out needs to be changed asap.
Temp. Too hot... Needs to be at 85 for basking level (highest point he can sit on under the heat). I think your are probably sitting at a higher ambient temp though since it is a glass enclosure.
Humidity is fine. You want a target range of 30-50% during the day and it can skyrocket at night after lights are off.

Being as how you are in Pennsylvania I think changing over to the screen will be very easy for you to get the right humidity levels. :)
View attachment 228752View attachment 228753View attachment 228754View attachment 228755View attachment 228756
Feeding... Do you feed everyday? If so at his age you need to start curbing him back to every other day feedings.
Guttload for feeders needs to be improved. You can buy Repashy bug burger or do a mixture of veg and fruits alternating what types you use each week. See graphic.
Supplements... right schedule. Can you take pics of the supplement bottles so we can see the exact ones you are using?
hand misting is fine. length of time is good and the amount of mistings during the day is good.
Fecal description... if the urate is mostly yellow or even a third yellow then he has dehydration issues. I am guessing that while you are misting the fact that he is in a glass cage is contributing to this. Hot moist air is what it is creating. Which is not good for him. Also no live plants in the enclosure.. This is what they like to drink off of. Pothos plants are wonderful and they even like chewing on them. You can put a little dripper device on the top of your cage creating a slow consistent drip onto the leaves
Cage type... As already pointed out. Much too small for the little man. needs to be changed asap
Lighting... As already pointed out needs to be changed asap.
Temp. Too hot... Needs to be at 85 for basking level (highest point he can sit on under the heat). I think your are probably sitting at a higher ambient temp though since it is a glass enclosure.
Humidity is fine. You want a target range of 30-50% during the day and it can skyrocket at night after lights are off.

Being as how you are in Pennsylvania I think changing over to the screen will be very easy for you to get the right humidity levels. :)
View attachment 228752View attachment 228753View attachment 228754View attachment 228755View attachment 228756
These are the calcium and the multivitamins, I also give his crickets and super worms carrots, and pears, is that okay?

Attachments

• 4E01C6A7-B4A6-484C-A2FE-B5B2328306A0.jpeg
    4E01C6A7-B4A6-484C-A2FE-B5B2328306A0.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 41
Camo likes to squirt hornworm juice at me. @Beman thanks for the assist I was getting feeders and cleaning all enclosures as well as bug keepers whilst listening to the "Goat" Bill Strand
Camo do you know anything about either of the supplements she just posted? Not something I am familiar with.

These are the calcium and the multivitamins, I also give his crickets and super worms carrots, and pears, is that okay?
So the gutload needs to be expanded. Go back and look at what I suggested. Carrots are on the best list but you want to have a variety and switch it up every week. Or do the repashy bug burger that is loaded with good stuff.

Camo do you know anything about either of the supplements she just posted? Not something I am familiar with.
Both are fine. I use Exo Terra Calcium as well as Repashy. The multivitamin is fine as well just no Vitamin A in it
Those will work. Next time you get a multivitamin look for one with vitamin A in it as well. Carrots are good but I'd leave out the pears.
F61819B4-A175-445F-ADB3-6AD78F483CF8.png
Gutloading 101.jpeg

So the gutload needs to be expanded. Go back and look at what I suggested. Carrots are on the best list but you want to have a variety and switch it up every week. Or do the repashy bug burger that is loaded with good stuff.
Okay thank you, I will get that cage you suggested ordered today, as well as the different lights, and I will check out then repashy big burger stuff.

@Lindsayd42 so everything is correctable. And we are happy to give you feedback on how to do so. :) Your in good hands in this forum. Using the search function in the forum will give you tons of info as well. Let us know what other questions you have. @CamoChameleonsHuman and I live on here lol
Thank you so much, glad to know he doesn’t have anything wrong with his lip, and all the other great information you guys gave me.

Thank you so much, glad to know he doesn’t have anything wrong with his lip, and all the other great information you guys gave me.
Because of the conditions he was in I would still say he should be checked out by a vet as well. We are no means a replacement for professional veterinary care. Would you agree @Beman? Looking at some of the head pictures Idk?! But because of housing, lighting, feeding, gutloading I just don't want him to go into shock or become super stressed. @Brodybreaux25 any thoughts?

Because of the conditions he was in I would still say he should be checked out by a vet as well. We are no means a replacement for professional veterinary care. Would you agree @Beman? Looking at some of the head pictures Idk?! But because of housing, lighting, feeding, gutloading I just don't want him to go into shock or become super stressed. @Brodybreaux25 any thoughts?
No, I agree it wouldn't hurt. My concern would be the amount of hot moist air he has been exposed to... potential for RI. Also getting a fecal done to ensure he does not have parasites. There is also the fact of not having the proper UVB lighting leading to the potential for MBD.
However right now he is eating. If he is showing any signs of grip strength issues then that is an immediate concern or wheezing or extra flem at the mouth. If none of these are currently happening then I would wait to do a vet visit until after all the cage upgrades and lighting have been done. Let him settle in and then do a vet visit with a reptile vet only.

Back
Top Bottom