Lighting

B45D054D-2AF8-42D7-93E4-574C99F4FB56.jpeg
I dont know what i am doing wrong. I got a 22” bulb and a 24” light fixture. I have spent so much trying to get the right light for my chameleon please tell me im just trying to put the bulb in wrong

Hi there, you have both correct. You have to put the metal connectors into the slots and then twist the bulb into place.

Insert one side of the bulb into one of the slots then with some gentle pressure push the opposite side out a little and then try to insert the bulb into it. I hope this helps

these fixtures are finicky... You have to push the bulb after you line up the prongs down in and then twist. But the 10.0 bulb is not typically recommended. What species cham do you have and what is the distance to the basking branch below this fixture?

How far away will the bulb be away from the basking branch? Zoo Med 10.0s need to ber further away than Zoo Med 5.0s or Arcadia 6%s

Just got it in, thank you!
I just want to make sure you saw us asking questions on the species and distance to basking you have with that 10.0 bulb. Typically we only recommend a 5.0 or 6% with a single bulb T5HO fixture like you have and then it would be a 8-9 inch drop to the basking branch below it. With the 10.0 bulb you have to have a full 11-12 inches to the branch below it so they are not over exposed to a much too high UVI level.

Back
Top Bottom