lighting ?

jbaird75

i have been running saltwater tanks for a while.my ? is can i use the powercompact light for my veil cam? 10,000k light spec. anddo they give off the uvb and uva rays ? thank you and by the way what works better the tube lights or the screw in pc lights that r 26 watts my tank im working on is 24x12x24 glass and thinking of a <50 watt basking light

Last edited:
From other post I have read they dont recomend compacts. The most recomended is the reptisun 5.0. I personaly use a mega-ray on timer set to go on for 4 hours 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. If you use a merc vapour you have to keep it at least 12"-15"in away mine is 20" in from his bask spot. they are supposed to give of heat, but i dont depend on it for heat. i have standard basking lamp that is on from 8:00am to 6:00pm presently. When merc is on temp is 95, when off 85. you also need to make sure they have place to cool down and shadow from light.

well i read some info and i went out and got the desert series 50 come dome it has a 23watt fluoresent 7" round bulb thats 10.0uvb and a night black heat halogen bulb i think 25 watt so did i do any good?

Back
Top Bottom