Lighting comparisons between Hatchlings and adult/sub adult? Seeking Advice-

Justin Escajeda

Hello Community,

I just wanted to reach out to see everyone's opinion on what type of lighting to use for my hatchlings, ive recently had a clutch of panthers to start displaying eyes shut all day and believe it due to too much uvb. I am currently switch to t8 instead of t5. Does anyone have recommendations of strength and should I put a regular house bulb in the other dual fixture, is so what wattage? In case your wondering this clutch has made me now second guess my hatchling lighting completely and there are so many opinions out there on the internet I am starting to get overwhelmed.

Thank you for any input!

Switching from a T5 to a T8 won’t matter if you can figure out your UVI readings. Both zoomed and Arcadia have charts that can help you getting a starting point. But the best option is to have a uvb meter such as a Solormeter 6.5r. As for your house bulb you need to check your temperatures after you get the right UVI readings. Depending on the area you are keeping your babies the ambient temperature plus the heat the T8 lights out off might be warm enough for the babies.

Back
Top Bottom