Light Your Reptiles Lighting Difference

JoCarp

Established Member
So I purchased a quad 36" fixture that Todd with Light Your Reptiles helped me to size for my custom enclosure (love this fixture)! Anyway myself and many others sing Light Your Reptiles praises on here and a lot of people say their light from them made a world of difference in how their cham and enclosure look. Anyway, I got two pictures of Merlin, one right after the other that I think really show how big of a difference these lights can make. The picture on my arm is the regular room lighting (corkscrew type bulbs I think). The picture of him on my hand was taken right after the first pic, the only difference is I moved him 2 feet so he was under the LYR fixture.
Anyway, I'm really happy with my fixture that I've had for a few months now and thought others might be interested in the difference others have referred to. They aren't perfect pictures by any means, but the blues and greens show how big of a difference there is best.

Sorry they are links, I already put the pictures up on Merlin's thread.

Regular lights
https://www.chameleonforums.com/att...1441895233-chameleon-came-today-post-shed.jpg
LYR lights
https://www.chameleonforums.com/att...441895244-chameleon-came-today-post-shed1.jpg

Make it a great day everyone,

Very nice! I noticed a good difference in my chameleon soon after replacing my 18" zoomed uvb. Excellent comparison pics!

So I purchased a quad 36" fixture that Todd with Light Your Reptiles helped me to size for my custom enclosure (love this fixture)! Anyway myself and many others sing Light Your Reptiles praises on here and a lot of people say their light from them made a world of difference in how their cham and enclosure look. Anyway, I got two pictures of Merlin, one right after the other that I think really show how big of a difference these lights can make. The picture on my arm is the regular room lighting (corkscrew type bulbs I think). The picture of him on my hand was taken right after the first pic, the only difference is I moved him 2 feet so he was under the LYR fixture.
Anyway, I'm really happy with my fixture that I've had for a few months now and thought others might be interested in the difference others have referred to. They aren't perfect pictures by any means, but the blues and greens show how big of a difference there is best.

Sorry they are links, I already put the pictures up on Merlin's thread.

Regular lights
https://www.chameleonforums.com/att...1441895233-chameleon-came-today-post-shed.jpg
LYR lights
https://www.chameleonforums.com/att...441895244-chameleon-came-today-post-shed1.jpg

Make it a great day everyone,

Thank you - Merlin is a handsome fellow!

You got it!!!
Yes.
Lighting can make all the difference in "punching up" color.

(and overall health for that matter... and not just preventing MBD with UVB...
but bright full spectrum light also effects the animals endocrine system, hormonal balances and much more.)

I have always felt that *under-lit* reptiles live in sort of a perpetual state of S.A.D.

Sort of a seasonal affective disorder for reptiles.

And they are in a perpetual state of "off season" or "depression".

Now,
the whole cage doesn't have to be "blaring" all day in super bright light...
because you do want some shade so they can retreat into it if they choose.

Just as they could walk down branches in the wild and be in shade of a bush or something.

But these animals should have access to for at least part of the day, bright - full spectrum light and proper UVB AND UVA levels.

:D
Thank you!
Todd

www.lightyourreptiles.com

Thank you - Merlin is a handsome fellow!

You got it!!!
Yes.
Lighting can make all the difference in "punching up" color.

(and overall health for that matter... and not just preventing MBD with UVB...
but bright full spectrum light also effects the animals endocrine system, hormonal balances and much more.)

I have always felt that *under-lit* reptiles live in sort of a perpetual state of S.A.D.

Sort of a seasonal affective disorder for reptiles.

And they are in a perpetual state of "off season" or "depression".

Now,
the whole cage doesn't have to be "blaring" all day in super bright light...
because you do want some shade so they can retreat into it if they choose.

Just as they could walk down branches in the wild and be in shade of a bush or something.

But these animals should have access to for at least part of the day, bright - full spectrum light and proper UVB AND UVA levels.

:D
Thank you!
Todd

www.lightyourreptiles.com

I noticed a HUGE difference in my veiled male when I switched from ZooMed (with LED as well as UVB lights) to Arcadia quads. He came alive. He had been hanging around the top not really doing a lot. As soon as he got the new much brighter lights he became much more active, ate more, grew a lot and just brightened up. Huge, huge difference.

I agree with Todd--they need more light than most get.

I got an 18 inch fixture from light your reptiles and love it. Wouldn't buy from any one else.

I second that, should have said it in the OP! I cannot see myself using anyone else from here on out! Presale customer service is one thing, but Todd has still been answering me (extremely promptly too) even though the sale was completed months ago. I feel that true customer service shows after the sale, and LYR has it all around!

Cheers to Light Your Reptiles and Todd!

Back
Top Bottom