Life or death

MauiThePanther

So my vet is closed on sundays and mondays and I’ve been overwhelmed with stress and I just need some kind of answer.. my Nosy Be Panther Chameleon has been giving me troubles with eating the past few weeks. He’ll eat but it’ll be very small portions like 2 silks every 3-4 days... well recently today I went to check on him, I’ve been making sure gas has plenty of water and misting and I’ve been watching him drink everyday. But today I noticed he’s sitting lower in his cage where he sleeps on this particular branch at night and noticed he threw up some of the moss off his vines I have. At this point I’m panicking and want to know if this is something someone has seen before that a vet can treat or if these are signs of it being too late.. I’m scared this little guy is my peace in life. He’s 10 months old. Thanks in advance.

No I made a decision Saturday to do so because he hasn’t been eating properly. I thought he was stressed from me cleaning his plants so I let it go for 2 weeks and this past Saturday I finally had enough of the food strike and wanted to take him for a fecal test and a check up. But when I seen this today I got completely scared and started panicking. He has no signs of respiratory problems at all.

When mine pukes, he looks like hes on deaths door (sunken eyes, skin funny colored) But hes fine 4-8 hours later like nothing ever happened. If is from the moss (mine was from rancid stuft BSF larva was in) he will puke/pass it and be ok. I assume he does not look skinny?

He’s not as frail as I’ve seen others but in my opinion he’s lost weight. And he’s pretty dark rn due to him being lower in his cage where the temperature sits at 71 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom