Lethargic Veiled Chameleon

maybe some dryness but mist at least 3 times for 3 mins each and try to give a 5 min session every day and your good to go, in my experience chams don't want to open their eyes when its dry, it hurts them, also dryness can cause more "sleep" or closure of the eyes

maybe some dryness but mist at least 3 times for 3 mins each and try to give a 5 min session every day and your good to go, in my experience chams don't want to open their eyes when its dry, it hurts them, also dryness can cause more "sleep" or closure of the eyes
I guess I just get a little paranoid because he's like my child lol! We'll try misting him more.

its okay, I do too lol, my guy had a sinus infection and I freaked I think I called the vet like 5 times lol

I would also recommend adding thicker branches to hold onto for basking. Also be careful, I saw in one pic, his casque touching the screen-that is how they can get burned (take it from someone who made the mistake before). If I remember correctly, I think 8 inches away from the light is recommended. I would also look into getting a linear uvb instead of a compact coil

I would also recommend adding thicker branches to hold onto for basking. Also be careful, I saw in one pic, his casque touching the screen-that is how they can get burned (take it from someone who made the mistake before). If I remember correctly, I think 8 inches away from the light is recommended. I would also look into getting a linear uvb instead of a compact coil
In the close up he was just exploring his new home. He very rarely goes that close to the top of it. Also, it's in the works to get thicker branches, we just have been super busy lately. We're also planning on building our own enclosure for him that's much bigger in the near future, but that takes careful planning, and we'd like to "do it right the first time". I actually just took him out and he seemed to wake up and start crawling up my hands more, so I'm hoping he's just more sleepy because of the shedding.

its okay, I do too lol, my guy had a sinus infection and I freaked I think I called the vet like 5 times lol
I think that's part of my problem, I haven't been able to find a vet that takes care of reptiles near where I live. I haven't needed to take him to one, but like a just in case kind of thing

Its probably been mentioned already ( I only skimmed the comments) but he needs a bigger enclosure. Atleast 2ft x 2ft x 4ft tall.

Lights on a night is a big No No. This is the most likely cause of the lethargy. They need near complete darkness to get proper sleep. Even red heat lights wont work. They are more sensitive to light and see way more of the light spectrum than humans do. If your home gets below 55*F, use a ceramic heat emitter to warm the enclosure at night.

With a bigger cage he will need a linear T5HO or T8 light fixture with a Linear 5.0 UVB or 10.0 UVB bulb. If you dont upgrade the lighting then you risk having him develop MBD.

Back
Top Bottom