Left eye appears swollen

My veiled Cham is about 1 year and couple months old I noticed around his left eye looks a bit swollen does this look abnormal to you guys?

Attachments

• EDBD23DC-053C-484F-8490-510ABB5D3F4F.jpeg
    EDBD23DC-053C-484F-8490-510ABB5D3F4F.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 91
  • C8ECBDA9-7789-4FB0-BEBF-BAF26216DEFE.jpeg
    C8ECBDA9-7789-4FB0-BEBF-BAF26216DEFE.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 114
Hello!

Something does appear to be wrong with his eye. @kinyonga what do you think? @snitz427 I know you have a girl with eye troubles, does this look similar?

It also looks like he has a puffy casque and puffy cheeks.

Could you fill this out when you get the chance? I saw you already filled it out mid last year, but we need a fresh one.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

It does look like swelling, but could be weight. Is it sudden onset swelling?

My chams eyes are a little less puffy, more of a pronounced “lump”… which ive always suspected was debris or keratin buildup. The swelling in the corner could be infection, keratin, debris, blockage, etc. I would contact your vet. Mine gave me a course of antibiotics, both oral and eye drops. Infection could be secondary due to scratching the eye (Ive done that personally, and it was painful for me).

It does look like swelling, but could be weight. Is it sudden onset swelling?

My chams eyes are a little less puffy, more of a pronounced “lump”… which ive always suspected was debris or keratin buildup. The swelling in the corner could be infection, keratin, debris, blockage, etc. I would contact your vet. Mine gave me a course of antibiotics, both oral and eye drops. Infection could be secondary due to scratching the eye (Ive done that personally, and it was painful for me).

Sorry - i've had a bad habit of using Siri to dictate speech to text to... and not proof reading it. The result has been a lot of confusing txt messages!! Siri left out an entire paragraph.

My first sentence was in regards to his casque and cheeks... you mentioned they look swollen, too. Did they always look a little puffy, or sudden onset like within the week? As I said, I would contact your vet about the eye... with my experience and lots of reading, there are a lot of possibilities, and they all need vet intervention.

Back
Top Bottom