Leaning on branches.

Hello everyone, I have a male veiled camillion. He is 15 months old. His name is Cami. I have noticed towards lights out I have observed Cami kinda leaning towards his side on his branches underneath his basking light. Is this normal? He has been healthy with no problems since I baught him as a baby. Is he just getting tried before bed? He doesn't do this in the day, just a HR or so before lights out.

Hello everyone, I have a male veiled camillion. He is 15 months old. His name is Cami. I have noticed towards lights out I have observed Cami kinda leaning towards his side on his branches underneath his basking light. Is this normal? He has been healthy with no problems since I baught him as a baby. Is he just getting tried before bed? He doesn't do this in the day, just a HR or so before lights out.
Sometimes chams will flatten out their body, they do this to regulate heat/energy throughout their body when basking, they will also turn darker so they can absorb more heat/energy (one reason). I’m saying this reason since you said near the basking area but read the link I put, also check that your temperatures are all correct. Pictures like mentioned would be helpful, here’s a link to chameleon academy dedicated to this behavior there’s also lots more information on chameleon academy so feel free to read more on your species as well!
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-behavior-flattening-body/

Back
Top Bottom