Land Ahoy!!

Fractured

Welcome back me pirate matey, Karmas recent plunder has brought her a great booty. Alas, her forever home!!! 2x2x4 ive added a new ficus plant and repotted the pothos and hibiscus, i also aquired some dragon ledges to give her enclosure some "texture" safely. Let me know what yall think! (Yes i know where the electrical is in the picture, i have a hook under the table it goes on, made a slight adjustment on my timer before snapping this)

Attachments

• 20201110_094554.jpg
    20201110_094554.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 67
Lots more branches. If you go on the dragon strand page there is a video that shows how to use the dragon ledges to their full potential.
Super useful video.

See im having trouble finding branches that will be clean and solid. I will pirate at my leisure so i apologize for yall land lubbers taking offense to me crew. To my understanding the ficus will grow rather quickly, pothos is growing in downward direction as planned to grant "ladders" and her hibiscus has taken well to the new light spacing. Not saying no to yalls suggestions just wanted to add what i thought/found or assumed. Thank you everyone again!!! May the wind be with your sails!

See im having trouble finding branches that will be clean and solid. I will pirate at my leisure so i apologize for yall land lubbers taking offense to me crew. To my understanding the ficus will grow rather quickly, pothos is growing in downward direction as planned to grant "ladders" and her hibiscus has taken well to the new light spacing. Not saying no to yalls suggestions just wanted to add what i thought/found or assumed. Thank you everyone again!!! May the wind be with your sails!
Arrr! I wouldn’t be too concerned about using branches from out side.

Arrr! I wouldn’t be too concerned about using branches from out side.
Wait for real? Ive been very offstandish to that for fear of parasites n stuff of the nature. I live in new england, we're in a hot/cold season and i just fear bacteria and microbes due to the wetland right now. I bake my branches and other wood items in their tanks, heard and make sense that it helps kill the unseen.

Wait for real? Ive been very offstandish to that for fear of parasites n stuff of the nature. I live in new england, we're in a hot/cold season and i just fear bacteria and microbes due to the wetland right now. I bake my branches and other wood items in their tanks, heard and make sense that it helps kill the unseen.
I can only share what myself and several other keepers think. I use branches straight form the outdoors. Some people give them a wash, but many of us think it’s pretty safe.

I think i may try this, many of the indigenous trees here offer cool branches and forms of grow due to spotty lighting in our woods! Rad i appreciate this, will continue to wash and bake but this opens alot of options for me.

Back
Top Bottom