Keeping crickets

I bought a bag of crix yesterday, and while not positive, it looks to me like there are 2 species in there.
I've been having rather bad luck with crix lately—losing ~half within 3-4 days. Fortunately, my cham will eat dubias...

I’m having great success in feeding my crickets a spoonful of cricket crack and a small water dish with gravel and dechlorinated water. I think the chlorine in water kills them off. You can get a Zero Water pitcher at Target for $20.00 and use that. It takes out all the dissolved solids.

I’m having great success in feeding my crickets a spoonful of cricket crack and a small water dish with gravel and dechlorinated water. I think the chlorine in water kills them off. You can get a Zero Water pitcher at Target for $20.00 and use that. It takes out all the dissolved solids.
IDK if that's correct, but it's worth a try. I use distilled water for the mister anyway, so there's enough of it around. :)(y)

The only way to know is to give it a try! We don’t give chlorinated water to our chams so I can’t imagine it’s good for crickets either.

Back
Top Bottom