Juvie Female Jackson; eyes shut not eating

Hilikus311

Hey everyone i was hoping that someone could help me out as for as the problem with the jackson goes. She is a juvie female that isn't eating and also keeps her eyes closed during the day on and off. I know this is not good as i have had a veiled chameleon for over a year w/out any problems. Please help.!:(

ReptiSun 5.0 Linear Florecent and a 25W zoomed basking bulb and a reptisafe drip system for hydration. temps are all right, and so is humidity.

Please fill out this form:

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information, you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
* Location - Where are you geographically located?

Pictures are helpful

I just got her about a week and a half ago she hasn't eaten anything as far as i have noticed. Her caging is a zoomed ALL screen Medium Repti-breeze. Her stool was/is runny, but her urate does seem to be fine as it doesn't have any yellowing in it at all. she is strong as far as i have noticed the few (3) times i have held her. Her supplementation schedule is the same as my veiled and the other two juvie Veiled Chameleons.

It'd help if you copy and paste that form into a new reply and answer each question as fully as possible.

Also, Jaxksons are sensitive to supplementing and you have to be really careful about how often you supplement. I believe you have to supplement quite a bit less, but dont take my word on the less thing as I'm not too familiar with jacksons.

It'd help if you copy and paste that form into a new reply and answer each question as fully as possible.

Also, Jaxksons are sensitive to supplementing and you have to be really careful about how often you supplement. I believe you have to supplement quite a bit less, but dont take my word on the less thing as I'm not too familiar with jacksons.

If you read my post clearly you will notice that she hasn't eaten at all since i have received her, thus, i haven't had the opportunity to supplement correctly or incorrectly. As far as the form goes, I've answered the questions as fully as possible seeing that i just received her. just read the post.

You said that her supp schedule was the same, and you said as far as i've noticed. You dont know her temps? humidity? you dont know how often you spray her? you dont know where her cage is located?

It really helps if you fill out the forms so that people can help you. If you continue to asnwer questions as you go it's harder for people to go back and check your husbandry. If you want help, cooperation helps so you get help as fast as possible. Of course a vet visit is always better though.

Hi Hilikus

Jax are a little bit trickier to keep alive than Veileds, especially the young-uns.

How old is this juvi?

Are you keeping her basically the same as your Veiled?

Temps and humidity are considerably different for mountain species. What are the ambient/basking temps and where do you keep your humidity levels?
Is there a significant temp drop in the night?

Eye problem since you got her? Do you cup feed or free range? (haven't seen my female jackson eat in well over a year, yet she is a little on the chubby side. Sometimes they are REALLY shy)

The more info we get, the better chance of finding what is going on.

Let's get her on track!

I just got her about a week and a half ago she hasn't eaten anything as far as i have noticed. Her caging is a zoomed ALL screen Medium Repti-breeze. Her stool was/is runny, but her urate does seem to be fine as it doesn't have any yellowing in it at all. she is strong as far as i have noticed the few (3) times i have held her. Her supplementation schedule is the same as my veiled and the other two juvie Veiled Chameleons.

Could be parasites, I would get a fecal done at your reptile vet, even an office visit wouldn't hurt.

Hope she feels better!

Back
Top Bottom