Just got first chameleons last week! Looking for feedback on set up and chameleons, over worried chamdad.

You should be quarantining them from each other ...especially since they came from separate people....and especially if the Jackson's was wild caught.
I hope it's not too late to do that now.

You should be quarantining them from each other ...especially since they came from separate people....and especially if the Jackson's was wild caught.
I hope it's not too late to do that now.
They are quarantined from each other and jackson was definitely not wildcaught. I am still in contact with the guy who "bred" and sold me the jackson's. He is extremely reputable and almost 30 years with chams.

If they are side by side, they are not in any kind of quarantine that stops airborne bacteria, viruses, etc from transferring. You also have to make sure that what tools, etc you use in one cage isn't used in the other cage without cleaning it properly in between.

If they are side by side, they are not in any kind of quarantine that stops airborne bacteria, viruses, etc from transferring. You also have to make sure that what tools, etc you use in one cage isn't used in the other cage without cleaning it properly in between.
Understood thank you, and nothing that has gone in one cage has been in the other. All items/food/bowls etc. Are seperate Other than the air they breathe :). They were more separated before but since I got automated timer for lights etc I had to put them close. Sorry

If you weren’t handling him it seems like something else. You may need a vet visit with a experienced Cham vet.
@MissSkittles
Honestly I don’t know. Not knowing the care he received prior I can’t even begin to guess. The younger the chameleons are, the more fragile they are. Best course of action is always a vet visit ASAP along with a fresh poo sample to check for parasites. Prompt attention leads to much better prognosis of just about everything.

For anyone curious. I made the chams a vet appointment for tomorrow. Taking no risk.
Wellness plus fecal check up for both plus indicated my veiled may be sick. Wish me luck and thank you to anyone who's been of help so far.
Will still appreciate any feedback/advice etc anyone has please!
I’m so glad! Let us know what the vet says. We’re all curious and want your chams to do well.

For whom is curious! I got another bar light fixture, Dubai roaches, supplement with d3, bugburger gutload, and also got all ingredients for a natural gutload and made it!
Just got chams in boxes for transportation to the vets in 30 mins.
Extremely nervous/excited.

I hope all goes well! Let us know!
Would you believe he was acting and looking tons better today in every way! Still went to vet for initial check and fecal test for both of them. Waiting on fecal still but otherwise they were both amazing and looking really good according to vet. Pastel has literally done a 180°.

Attachments

• 20211005_164857.jpg
    20211005_164857.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom