Just bought Reptirain

So I was just needing to figure out what times will be best for reptile mister for Ozzy my veiled chameleon. I see everyone likes misterking but u fortunately I had to get this one because it was what I could afford. So any suggestions? 😊 thanks

Screenshot_20211214-101833_Chrome.jpg

I’m not sure about what the setting options are for ReptiRain. It’s best to mist for at least 2 minutes right before lights go on and then right before lights go off. You may also want to add a mid day misting or use a dripper.

I was just going to say the same thing. 2 min. ea.
Lights-on​
Noon​
Lights-off​

I also mist for 2 min. every 3 hrs. between lights-off & lights-on, but I don't use a fogger.

How much you need to mist will depend some on your cage type and your ambient humidity levels

As far as setting your mister up, I would get a digital timer for it rather than using the timer on the unit. You can set your mister duration, turn the unit on, and then connect to a digital timer set to go off for one minute at each of your planned misting times (only need a minute since it won’t run any longer than that) If you want it to mist for longer than one minute, you’ll probably need to set multiple one minute intervals. My guess the main issue you’ll have is keeping the reservoir full, it’s not very big

Great ideas thanks. Right now he's Ina small 20 inch glass reptile aquarium because he got mbd and I am nursing him ...he can't climb yet

Back
Top Bottom