Jungle Hobbies Enclosure w/ Mods (WIP)

Risky

Over the past couple months I've slowly been putting together a 24x24x48 Jungle Hobbies enclosure for a Jackson's chameleon I plan on getting soon. I started off with three plants - a pothos, dwarf umbrella tree and ficus. The ficus wasn't in the best of shape when I got it and has been the slowest grower by far. I originally tried buying the enclosure from Josh's frogs, but they were out of stock. Therefore I purchased directly from MistKing and bought an Ultimate Misting System along with the enclosure. Unfortunately the shipping box for the enclosure arrived damaged, along with it contents. I contacted MistKing and they informed me they would not be getting anymore of the enclosures in the future, but offered me a substantial discount. I fixed the damage and went forth of the project. I really wanted to hang the pothos plant within the enclosure. After toying with some ideas I came up with something that worked perfectly. I made a bracing frame for the top of the enlcosure. Not only did it reinforce the fragile enclosure, but it provided me with a way hang the pothos. The frame sits on top of the enclosure and surrounds three sides. There are three slats of wood that also cross the top for additional support and an anchoring system. I also added a vertical tab so that I could attached the basking clamp light to, but it didn't work out in the end due to the angle. I ran two J-bolts through the middle slat and then ran a metal rod between the J-bolts. It's very stable. On top of the enclosure also sits a 60 watt basking light and an 18" Repti-Sun 10.0 florescent bulb. The enclosure sits atop of a cheap, two-tier Ikea table. Using a circle saw, I cut a hole through the top tier of the table. I then dropped a drain (the type you would find in a kitchen sink) into the hold a cut. It fit perfectly. I then attached a short PVC pipe onto the bottom of the drain. On the bottom tier of the table there is a 24x24 planting vat that collects the water drainage. Next on my list is to add sanded blasted oak branches and possibly driftwood. I already have the wood, I just need to cut it to size and place it within the enclosure. Also, I likely will be adding some realistic DIY vines. I saw a tutorial on YouTube that uses burlap and peat moss to create them and will be giving that a shot. Comments and criticism are welcome!
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0631.jpg
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0632.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0633.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0627v.jpg
    IMG_0627v.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0628.JPG