Jethro has his own spa

fleetwoodchams

Hi
My 4 year old ambilobe male drinks from his own fountain. Like one of those table top versions. When I got him from a I noticed he did drink droplets off of leaves but also insisted on drinking the collected water in the plant trays. In order to keep him from doing this I got him a fountain( one that he could not drown in , it is small) He has been using this ever since. And it is easy to keep clean. I know he's weird but he is what he is.
Chameleon drinking from water bowl?
20140304_104327.jpg
I have been trying to get video of him doing this but by the time I open his viv door he sees me and stops. Bugger! When I do I'll post it

Just make sure you clean it daily. Fountains are a breeding ground for harmful bacteria that can make your Cham really sick. Most owners find them too hard to properly clean daily. I would get rid of it but that's up to you. I had a veiled that would drink water from a bowl. Some do some don't

Just make sure you clean it daily. Fountains are a breeding ground for harmful bacteria that can make your Cham really sick. Most owners find them too hard to properly clean daily. I would get rid of it but that's up to you. I had a veiled that would drink water from a bowl. Some do some don't
Saw your set up with all the water below. Very pretty.
How do you keep that clean? When the chams/geckos poop do you drain the entire tank? Also how do you keep them from falling in and drowning. Is there a screen above the water ?

I saw that not too long ago. Not sure what kind of lizard he has in there. Might be amphibious. I have no idea. I would assume he has some kind of water replacement system in place but who knows. It looks pretty murky. Would be a good setup for breeding frog though!

I assume you are putting the fountain on the cage floor?
I would love to be able to do that, but I know it would be a toilet, and full of dead crickets within 24 hours!! :eek:

With 4 chams, and a zillion feeder bugs to maintain, I just would not have the time for daily cleaning.

I assume you are putting the fountain on the cage floor?
I would love to be able to do that, but I know it would be a toilet, and full of dead crickets within 24 hours!! :eek:

With 4 chams, and a zillion feeder bugs to maintain, I just would not have the time for daily cleaning.
Yeah Even with just Jethro I clean it out everyday. You could do this with that much going on. But it is pretty and he does like it : )

Back
Top Bottom