Jellys necropsy

wafflesmom

To start with, hope no one thinks I'm sick but I just did a necropsy on Jelly. I wanted to know what was going on inside and make sure it wasn't something I did.
He had undisgested crickets and some bed a beast that I was told would pass if accidently ingested. Its wasn't a lot b/c I had river rocks covering the top of the pot on the pothos. After finding some pics, it was clear that his heart was huge and his liver was tiny. Now for more research to see if his MBD could cause those??

I don't feel anything is wrong with a necropsy, actually I think it was a smart decision! Not only does it give you piece of mind, it gives you knowledge and knowledge is power.

Well some friends thought I was twisted....they don't understand how I could do it myself. I just tol them 16 yrs of being a vet tech and its just a body now. Granted I did tear up when I unwrapped him!!! I just sucked it and continued.

i

Well some friends thought I was twisted....they don't understand how I could do it myself. I just tol them 16 yrs of being a vet tech and its just a body now. Granted I did tear up when I unwrapped him!!! I just sucked it up and continued.

With my baby veiled coming, I had to be certain it wasn't something he ate by accident...like the bed a beast in the pots. Even with him having so little in him, I still made sure none is showing in the pots and they are completely covered with rivers rocks.

12yrs vet tech here too I understand completly. Ive been called twisted by friends too :eek:
I'd rather know though, and of course tears he was your cham love.
My heart goes out to you for your loss

Oh yea the baby! cant wait to see pics

Last edited:
...After finding some pics, it was clear that his heart was huge and his liver was tiny. Now for more research to see if his MBD could cause those??
Howdy,

Necropsies are important in that they help us improve the care of our own and others' chameleons. Don't hesitate to share any photos that you took of his organs. In fact, I think we owe it to the chameleon community to share necropsy info when possible. Later this week, I'll be posting Panther's necropsy photos that I took just a few days ago. I have several other old necropsy threads out there that can be searched for if you want to compare notes :eek:.

Also, you may have already seen this link: http://chameleonnews.com/images/necropsy/necropsy.html

Back
Top Bottom