Jackson female

My unbreed Jackson female is dropping egg follicles or slugs(whatever its called) . A few months ago she dropped a bunch all in one day. This time it's only been a few at a time over 3 days now. She's drinking water good, her appetite has been off for the past week. She's had a few crickets here and there, offered a couple of hornedworms but she had no interest them. Is this all normal behavior her? Is there anything else I can do to help her with evacuating the rest of the follicles?

Sometimes they drop all at once sometimes they drop one a day for several days. It seems to vary by female. Make sure she is getting calcium and D3 but do not exceed the recommended amounts for montane species.

Only been doing every day since I noticing last Friday. I figured with her only eating a couple a day I might give an extra dose to make sure her bones are okay. Of course I should have asked before I did. Been really bad week... lockdowns, grandma passed, couldn't go be with her and no service because of virus,. I just over thought it with all the crazy. She's going right back to suggested dosages.

So sorry for your loss. It's been a rough month for so many people. Condolences to your family.
Just stick to the regular schedule, too much can slow things down and maybe check the age on your UVB bulb for something to do.

Back
Top Bottom