Issues with brand new MistKing

traviswayne9

Hello! Brand new to the forum here, apologies for posting a thread right away but I’m having a bit of a dehydration issue with my Veiled and needed to upgrade to a better system.

Just got the Mist King 4.0 Starter kit in the mail and set everything up this afternoon, everything is working perfectly -- however, the nozzle is just shooting out a straight stream of water rather than a fine mist.
I was very careful not to mess with the nozzle itself, or be rough with it, the nozzle came intact and undamaged as well.
I have heard nothing but great things about MistKing products so I am wondering if I might be overlooking something simple?
Everything is setup exactly how the manual and various YouTube videos specify, I have checked and triple checked the setup itself and I can’t think of anything, other than I just happened to get a lemon nozzle.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks everyone who took the time to read this!

Welcome to the forum...

Manual (P 38-39) says the nozzles are adjustable, but doesn't say how.

When I got mine, the nozzle had a vinyl cap over it to protect it prior to installation.
I don't remember if that cap had a pinhole or not, but if they do, that may cause a stream instead of a spray. Cap should pull right off.

The new sytem I bought a few weeks back is probably different from Klyde's as 38039 in the new manual is internet marketing stuff.

In the new manual, pg 43, Q9 replies ...'we only opted to use the lowest flow nozzles available, basically setting our starting point at extrememly fine mist...To mist more, you simply mist longer.

pg 33...We offer a multitude of various assemblies...some thant can be suspended, adjustable, straight, with shut of...for a complete list (contact Mist King)

pg 40, Q3 replies... Use only RO or demineralized water...Never tamper with the center of the nozzle tip...try soaking the whole assembly in CLR or vinegar...if the nozzle is clogged with debris, you may want to unscrew the nozzle tip and clean the tiny filter...

I don't remember if that cap had a pinhole or not, but if they do, that may cause a stream instead of a spray. Cap should pull right off.
NIce catch, forgot about that.

I'm not the OP. Just mentioning it was a good thought for the OP to check the caps were off.
As a side note I have this as a pet peeve with pens. Most don't realize that brand new pens oft have a small ball of plastic on the tip needing removal.
Sorry about the mixup. 🤪

I can relate to the pens, especially with my 'snausage finnerz' [sic]
Lately I've been using Sharpie S-Gels (really nice flowing—no pen condom) :)

If you read the manual. It also says don't touch the tip of the nozzles. Could be why it isn't spraying correctly. I still have caps on mine. Mostly just for current installation I been doing. Still waiting on a ball valve in the mail lol.

The mistking nozzles in my experience (both v4 and v5) aren't that fragile. While they do put caps on them, I think it would have to be some serious bump to significantly alter the mist. I've installed mistking nozzles without the cap before, tapping them gently on branches while doing so, and never have I had a problem.

Manual (P 38-39) says the nozzles are adjustable, but doesn't say how.
This part of the manual is kind of misleading. The nozzles "technically" are adjustable by adjusting the duration of each misting session. If you want more water to come out, you have to set the timer to mist longer. I would hardly call that adjustable by any means of the word.

Haha there's nothing worse than pulling out a fresh pen thinking it's all ready to rumble, you begin to write, and the plastic tip dances clumsily over the paper. All joy certainly is lost in that moment.

I know for a fact that the v5 plastic caps don't have any holes in it (as I'm looking at them right now). And I'm almost positive that the v4 caps don't have holes in it as well (but don't quote me for the v4--I could be wrong but highly doubt it).

I'm almost certain the nozzle is defective. Mistking systems are not that delicate. Yes, I would be careful when dealing with the nozzles, but touching the tip won't make much of a difference if any at all. Using RO DI water is good if your water is particularly hard, but I have gotten away using my mistking with tap water for over 3.5 years with no need to ever clean the filter in the nozzle. The water where I live is exceptional, so don't make it a rule unless you know your tap water is good.

Hello! Brand new to the forum here, apologies for posting a thread right away but I’m having a bit of a dehydration issue with my Veiled and needed to upgrade to a better system.

Just got the Mist King 4.0 Starter kit in the mail and set everything up this afternoon, everything is working perfectly -- however, the nozzle is just shooting out a straight stream of water rather than a fine mist.
I was very careful not to mess with the nozzle itself, or be rough with it, the nozzle came intact and undamaged as well.
I have heard nothing but great things about MistKing products so I am wondering if I might be overlooking something simple?
Everything is setup exactly how the manual and various YouTube videos specify, I have checked and triple checked the setup itself and I can’t think of anything, other than I just happened to get a lemon nozzle.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks everyone who took the time to read this!

For 10 bucks you can get 10 stainless steel RESNSTAR misting nozzles at Amazon. Ive swaped out all mine

The mistking nozzles in my experience (both v4 and v5) aren't that fragile. While they do put caps on them, I think it would have to be some serious bump to significantly alter the mist. I've installed mistking nozzles without the cap before, tapping them gently on branches while doing so, and never have I had a problem.
Then I have to wonder why they cap them at all unless they had a lot of complaints/return problems that were solved or reduced by capping them. 🤷‍♂️

This part of the manual is kind of misleading. The nozzles "technically" are adjustable by adjusting the duration of each misting session. If you want more water to come out, you have to set the timer to mist longer. I would hardly call that adjustable by any means of the word.
I thought mayhaps they were talking about adjusting the aim. 🤷‍♂️

Haha there's nothing worse than pulling out a fresh pen thinking it's all ready to rumble, you begin to write, and the plastic tip dances clumsily over the paper. All joy certainly is lost in that moment.
Dude. You need to find different sources of joy. 😄

I'm almost certain the nozzle is defective. Mistking systems are not that delicate. Yes, I would be careful when dealing with the nozzles, but touching the tip won't make much of a difference if any at all. Using RO DI water is good if your water is particularly hard, but I have gotten away using my mistking with tap water for over 3.5 years with no need to ever clean the filter in the nozzle. The water where I live is exceptional, so don't make it a rule unless you know your tap water is good.
All I can add to that is What's in your tap water? Some sources' (as well as individuals') standards & criteria are different than others.

Back
Top Bottom