Is this normal?

chamnoodle

My chameleon, about 7-8 month old started backing up and moving around and clenching and I can’t tell if it’s what he does when he’s is scared because he has done it 3 times in the 5 months I’ve owned him, when he saw my record player playing and when my heater was on he is usually just fine with me holding him but this started happening recently. I got a video just so it would make more sense but it won’t let me upload does anyone know how? and he wouldn’t let me help him until he was on to my hand which then I put him back in the cage (he climbed onto me when I was cleaning his food bowl) I have done the husbandry form and I seem to be in check for everything but I can fill it out again if needed.

If the chameleon is holding. A mitten up it is a sign of stress PXL_20210228_174403699.jpg
Here's an example of my girl showing slight stress from the camera and invading her living space i call it sassy mittens
Having two front arms up & grasping at thin air is a more extreme stress

Ps cant see you video either

My chameleon, about 7-8 month old started backing up and moving around and clenching and I can’t tell if it’s what he does when he’s is scared because he has done it 3 times in the 5 months I’ve owned him, when he saw my record player playing and when my heater was on he is usually just fine with me holding him but this started happening recently. I got a video just so it would make more sense but it won’t let me upload does anyone know how? and he wouldn’t let me help him until he was on to my hand which then I put him back in the cage (he climbed onto me when I was cleaning his food bowl) I have done the husbandry form and I seem to be in check for everything but I can fill it out again if needed.
It may not be related but I had asked about colors they hate in an older thread and some members had noticed strange/stressed behaviors when they were wearing certain colors (red/reddish/black).

Is that the chameleon equivalent of shaking a fist or flipping the bird? :p

As opposed to reaching for something? Mine does either if reaching to grasp a branch or twig.
No when there is nothing to reach too and they can also do the double fist and puffup sort if in-between the two with a show of how big their mouth goes

Back
Top Bottom