Is there NO ONE out there selling silks, butterworms, hornworms right now?!!!

Franquixote

Established Member
How is it that no vendor has at least these 3 staples in stock right now?!!!

It's absurd that there is no internet source (that I can find) that has a decent variety of feeders for sale.

We should be able to order walking sticks, the other things I mentioned, all sorts of roaches, and a dozen other live foods from the same spot. How great would it be to get a dozen+ different types of feeders delivered twice a month?!

Anyone want to start a business with me? We sell a subscription service based on your reptile type and provide a shipping container that doubles as the enclosure, complete with enough high quality gut load in each compartment so all you need to do is keep them at the right temp and have a dozen different types of feeders without all the hassle.

Just dreaming here, but play along if you want.

Since we are talking chams, how much would you pay to get a box shipped to you, inside it's divided up into 12 compartments of various sizes. In each compartment is a different feeder with enough food for 2 weeks (though it'd be easy enough just to provide only the food for the specialty feeders like silks and hornworms and the customer could take care of more perishable feed).

1. There's an outer box for cushioning/heat packs.
2. Inside box you just lift out and it's already set up and divided into a dozen spaces. You can mix and match up to 12 insect species. Maybe offer a half dozen option too.
3. Choices: crickets, dubias, orange head roaches, silkworms, waxworms, snails, walking sticks, (other roach species), hornworms, blue bottle fly spikes, other fly larvae, mealworms, superworms, beetles, etc.

I'd readily pay $50 a month for that.

I'm stuck here trying to find even silkworms. ridiculous.

Rainbow Mealworms has butterworms and hornworms in stock. Just ordered not too long ago.

Like I have said to people before I will never likely provide living enclosures for my inverts. Not for weeks length of living. Especially not for certain species like crix, sticks, certain roaches, and silkworms. I don't believe in cup living. Tupper ware works but it has to be large. My silkworms live in massive sterilite enclosures. I have a lot of species. Just all of my colonies are stagnant right now and there are certain reasons I am not selling.

Edit: I don't know if you understand, I don't know how many of your own colonies you raise, but massive amounts of work goes into raising colonies to make them large enough to sell at a regular rate through out the year. Huge seasonal changes that are unexpected can cause a colony to crash without any warning.

Back
Top Bottom