Is there any particular reason my chameleon is hanging out on the screen?

Woha

My Veiled Chameleon has been hanging out on this side of his enclosure somewhat regularly and wandering around. His setup is on a high table in the corner of my room and that specific side is the side closest to me. I'm wondering if something's going on since he's not super social and so I don't see why he would go out of his way to be super close to me. He recently shed and he's got a couple spots on his chin still to get off so I kinda wondered if maybe he was trying to scratch on the screen but the fact that he doesn't do this anywhere else or on any other screen side has me confused. I tried opening up his enclosure to see if maybe he wanted to come out and explore but he didn't seem to like that idea. My only other idea is maybe he wants to go to the window, but he does this after the sun's gone down on occassion too so I don't know. Also I don't want it to seem like he only does this, he'll still explore other parts of his setup and bask like normal but the amount of time he spends at this specific side seems odd to me so I just wanted to know if it's indicative of a health problem.
20201116_142138.jpg

Can you give us the dimensions of the enclosure and a picture from further back so we can see the entire setup?
Here's the picture. The big thing I realize is the UVB, right now I'm using the compact T8 10.0 bulb for UVB and I'm in the proccess of trying to get the longer bulb and fixture for him as I've been informed that is what he needs. The enclosure itself is 18x18x36 as I couldn't accommodate a 24x24x48 with my bed there. Also, the floor is really messy as he recently shed and I haven't cleaned it up yet. I have a mister going from two spots for 60 seconds every 3 hours (3 times a day). The bowl at the bottom was mainly to flatten the carpet as it was still warped but it's been catching water and I've spotted him visiting it so now I just leave it there and clean it every day. I feed him a variety of superworms, crickets, dubias, and hornworms all dusted with calcium without D3, occassionally dusting them with a multivitamin instead.
20201117_162329.jpg

Here's the picture. The big thing I realize is the UVB, right now I'm using the compact T8 10.0 bulb for UVB and I'm in the proccess of trying to get the longer bulb and fixture for him as I've been informed that is what he needs. The enclosure itself is 18x18x36 as I couldn't accommodate a 24x24x48 with my bed there. Also, the floor is really messy as he recently shed and I haven't cleaned it up yet. I have a mister going from two spots for 60 seconds every 3 hours (3 times a day). The bowl at the bottom was mainly to flatten the carpet as it was still warped but it's been catching water and I've spotted him visiting it so now I just leave it there and clean it every day. I feed him a variety of superworms, crickets, dubias, and hornworms all dusted with calcium without D3, occassionally dusting them with a multivitamin instead.View attachment 282745
Your chameleon does not feel safe and the enclosure is not set up properly and is not large enough for a male Veiled. Start reading through this husbandry program https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Back
Top Bottom