Is the MistKing Starter Worth it?

Thatwizard420

Chameleon Enthusiast
I found a brand new Unboxed starter mistking for $130

is it worth it?

Can it run 3 tanks?

Would I have to buy more parts for it?

Thanks

I just looked at their site, and prices have increased from $150 to $180 for the starter kit, so I'd jump on $130. That's what we got it for (incl. shipping) late last year.

It only comes with one nozzle. Recommendations for 24 x 24 x 48 enclosures are 2 nozzles per, so you'll likely need 5 more. Exactly which ones and extras will depend on how you configure them (serial, parallel, single or double nozzles, etc.) Same goes for extra tubing, nozzle mounts (wedges), tubing clips, etc.

If you are trying to get everything in one order, I'd suggest working all this out ahead of time with schematics. If you don't mind getting the unit and becoming familiar with it, and then figuring out what else you'll need and putting in an order for extras, that works too.

I just looked at their site, and prices have increased from $150 to $180 for the starter kit, so I'd jump on $130. That's what we got it for (incl. shipping) late last year.

It only comes with one nozzle. Recommendations for 24 x 24 x 48 enclosures are 2 nozzles per, so you'll likely need 5 more. Exactly which ones and extras will depend on how you configure them (serial, parallel, single or double nozzles, etc.) Same goes for extra tubing, nozzle mounts (wedges), tubing clips, etc.

If you are trying to get everything in one order, I'd suggest working all this out ahead of time with schematics. If you don't mind getting the unit and becoming familiar with it, and then figuring out what else you'll need and putting in an order for extras, that works too.
its going to be for 3 18x18x24 tanks
for crested geckos

Yes! Currently running three enclosures. Like the above comments you do have to buy extra parts but totally worth it.

Soo I managed to get it for $90
I think I got it at good price. She had it for $150
then $130
then $100
I offer $85, she said 90

It's not the easiest to set up.

will it efficiently, without losing too much pressure run enclosures that are far away? assuming I have all the tubing/hoses

Soo I managed to get it for $90
Which version, 4 or 5?

It's not the easiest to set up.
I didn't find the timer terribly intuitive, but there are several good videos on YT that may help.

will it efficiently, without losing too much pressure run enclosures that are far away? assuming I have all the tubing/hoses
What's "far away"? It shouldn't have any trouble if all are on the same/adjacent walls in an avg. size room. If farther than that, IDK.

I expect you'll find out.

Back
Top Bottom