Is the collected water good for plants?

Throwingstones

Avid Member
I vacuum out water ever so often and I’m wondering if it’s something I can use for like plants, or is it just no good? For instance aquarium water I heard is good for plants. Maybe a stupid question.

I dunno that I would introduce it into your chameleon enclosure... But I tend to overthink everything.

I dunno that I would introduce it into your chameleon enclosure... But I tend to overthink everything.
It’s the water that came from there. Idk. I was thinking of throwing it on my hydrangea outside, but then I thought it might change the color of it and it’s a pretty blue so I don’t want to do that. Right now I wait until night to put it in the street drain because my neighbors will look at me weird😂

It’s the water that came from there. Idk. I was thinking of throwing it on my hydrangea outside, but then I thought it might change the color of it and it’s a pretty blue so I don’t want to do that. Right now I wait until night to put it in the street drain because my neighbors will look at me weird😂
Oh the joys of having chameleons...

I vacuum out water ever so often and I’m wondering if it’s something I can use for like plants, or is it just no good? For instance aquarium water I heard is good for plants. Maybe a stupid question.
If you use distilled water it will be very acidic. This is great for acid loving plants like azalea but a lot could be harmful to plants that need alkaline. So check which pH hydrangea prefers.

If you use distilled water it will be very acidic. This is great for acid loving plants like azalea but a lot could be harmful to plants that need alkaline. So check which pH hydrangea prefers.
I just use tap water that I’ve let sit out for a while, but it runs through all the plants in there too. Also the color of the hydrangea could change based on the pH level of the soil. I did miracle grow on it a couple times and it started turning pink😂
Maybe I’ll have to buy another hydrangea and test it on that sometime. The one in the yard is pretty established and I don’t want to ruin it. The blue reminds me of my favorite grandma so much.
On a side note, I think it’s a crime that it’s toxic to reptiles because it’s my absolute favorite plant and would be beautiful in an enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom