Is my chameleon receptive?

Do you use black lights at night?
No, those are LED lights for our apartment, it was around 8pm and they had recently gone to bed, we taper down the LEDs from white, to orange, to red, then blacklight over the course of about an hour starting around 6pm and then I usually head to bed around 8-10pm but those LED lights are off around 8:30 at the latest, they aren't bothered by it from what I've noticed.

Instead of traditional lighting in my apartment I have LEDs run along the ceiling around the edges for lighting and just use remotes to control the lights.

Nummies
20210818_121225.jpg
20210818_121222.jpg

So I fed her a fly and then about a minute later she like just opened her mouth like a yawn or something then closed it but then she went from the normal green to those crazy gravid colors and now she's just basking like normal

Attachments

• 20210819_142938.jpg
    20210819_142938.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 58
Is there another chameleon she can see?
Thanks!
There is not but she did see her own reflection yesterday. It reminded me of her reaction when she saw her own reflection. Can chameleons somehow see through cardboard? I honestly don't understand her sudden change, she is currently chilling on her basking branch a normal green color, but she acted like she saw an extreme threat but there was nothing there.

I was wearing glasses while looking into her cage, is it possible she would have seen her own reflection in my glasses?

Last edited:
Finally caught her in the process of drinking. She is eating and doing bowel movements. Her movements have been rather liquid since her lay and I would guess it's because I left like 12 dubia roaches in her cage and they sat in there for a couple of days... i wake up one morning and like all 12 of them were gone. Her colors are staying mostly green, turquoise and yellows only noticeable if stress is caused but every day it seems to go less and less yellow or turquoise and it's more like her colors were prior to laying.

Going to go back to her normal feeding schedule now.

Back
Top Bottom