Is my chameleon dying?

Lise_ad

Hi everyone I need emergency advice.
I have a veiled chameleon named Trevor, She is almost a year old. Today she was acting super strange and the veterinary hospital was closed where I live. When I looked into her cage she was hanging upside down from a branch and was about to fall off, like she couldn't hold herself up. I grabbed her and she curled up into a ball and shut her eyes. She became limp. I was freaking out because she wasn't opening her eyes. I went to the bathroom and turned the shower on to provide some extra humidity for her and she looked dead. She wasn't moving and her eyes weren't opening. I went into my room and gave her water, calcium, and some emergency liquid food I had gotten from the vet. She barely swallowed it. My family came in to say our goodbyes and suddenly she gripped onto my finger and opened her eyes. I've been giving her water and keeping her hydrated. After a few hours passed I thought she was fine (she was back in her cage) and when I looked at her again she was throwing up, became limp, and almost fell off her branch. Her eyes were shut for a few minutes but the re-opened. I'm sorry if this was hard to understand I am frantically typing. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think she is dying? I can't afford to take her to the vet but I will try to save money. Thank you for your help

You were going to put a lay bin in and I asked you to post photos of it in the cage after you set it up. You never posted the photos...did you put the lay bin in the cage and leave it there? Did she dig in it?

You were told you might need oxytocin and calcium, etc ...were you ever able talk to the vet about them?

As @joxie said...your chameleon is likely dying...I have to agree. So sorry to have to say that.

Back
Top Bottom