Is my cage okay

Hi im coming to ask a important question I have heard that pin is toxic to chameleons my tanks is made of pine board and cealed with a pond cealer I was just wondering if its safe

What exactly did you use to seal it with and did you seal all the exposed surfaces? Yes, Pine is toxic and emits VOC's that can be harmful to a chameleon and their sensitive respiratory system. So you have to seal the wood really well with a water based poly urethane and then you have to let that gas off for a good 2 weeks. You do not want to be able to have any odor from the sealant in the air. So it has to gas off outside of your home away from any reptiles.

What exactly did you use to seal it with and did you seal all the exposed surfaces? Yes, Pine is toxic and emits VOC's that can be harmful to a chameleon and their sensitive respiratory system. So you have to seal the wood really well with a water based poly urethane and then you have to let that gas off for a good 2 weeks. You do not want to be able to have any odor from the sealant in the air. So it has to gas off outside of your home away from any reptiles.
It's a pond cealer

20230904_185954.jpg

Back
Top Bottom