Introducing....

Persnickety Parson's

Chameleon Enthusiast
I wanted to call him Satan, but his current temperament doesn't lend itself to the name, though it could be due to the mild case of the "sniffles" a minor respiratory infection that he came with.

It is a black racer, renowned for their foul attitudes.

I intend to have him as a display animal for the future, as they are diurnal, and very active snakes.
0901210924a~2.jpg

He's in the large enclosure that the male rat snake did not like. However given these are active hunters, I feel it will be more comfortable.
0901210926a~2.jpg

0901210931a~2.jpg

0901210943e.jpg

0901210943c~2.jpg

It's figured out it can burrow.
0901210958a~2.jpg

Derpy face, you can also see some bubbles.
0901210943e~2.jpg

0901211212b~2.jpg

0901211259c~2.jpg

Basically racers are garter and ribbon snakes on meth.

Here's a wild adult that lived with me in Florida.
0411201613b.jpg

Last edited:
Curious snakes, but absolutely cantankerous if their personal space is violated, much like those chameleons everyone loves.
0411201610a~2.jpg

0411201611e.jpg

Here's mine watching the bird, curious snakes indeed.
0901211401a~2.jpg

0901211402~2.jpg

It makes me confident the snake will kick it's infection, as a critically ill animal would not be acting in this manner.

Last edited:
Wow! That explains how the occasional snakes in my yard are gone before I can blink.

Funny thing is, if you do something like garden they will sometimes watch what your doing, the adult racer I've pictured was always fascinated when I was gardening. As long as I kept a respectful two foot distance, she was quite happy to observe confidently.

They can be quite curious animals

So Cute!!!!!!! I want one but parents are deadly scared of snakes sigh to bad!

Racers are a bad snake to introduce someone who is afraid of snakes to anyway.

Not very good ambassadors.

To be honest that behavior was what I was expecting when I opened up my new snakes container for the first time. It was unnerving when it behaved calmly, but minor colds do that even to snakes I guess.

Last edited:
Racers are a bad snake to introduce someone who is afraid of snakes to anyway.

Not very good ambassadors.

To be honest that behavior was what I was expecting when I opened up my new snakes container for the first time. It was unnerving when it behaved calmly, but minor colds do that even to snakes I guess.

I kinda meant just snakes in general but those videos are interesting. I saw a black racer once on the road they are SO fast

Well I don't want to jinx it but I'm not seeing any bubbles in his mouth, I don't want to handle him for a physical inspection however since hatchlings can be overly fragile

Next hurdle is getting it to eat in the next few days, allegedly they will take insects so I will offer a few. A long with thawed pinkies.
0902211851e~2.jpg

0902211851d~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom