Introducing new feeders

xlightbrightt

Just wanted to come on here & say how excited I am because I finally got my new veiled to eat other feeders!! When I first got him he did not eat anything. I tried many different ones. Then I gave in to crickets. They aren’t horrible but I’d rather not feed them. All he ate was crickets. I ordered black solider fly larvae weeks ago but he wouldn’t eat it. Today I put it in his run cup & he ate them all up!!!! Didn’t have anywhere else to express my joy! So just wanted to share
1160D35D-84A0-4E58-94FF-1CDA9169BCF6.jpeg
3548A24D-DE21-4471-99D2-BF7F35A340A8.jpeg
3548A24D-DE21-4471-99D2-BF7F35A340A8.jpeg

Just wanted to come on here & say how excited I am because I finally got my new veiled to eat other feeders!! When I first got him he did not eat anything. I tried many different ones. Then I gave in to crickets. They aren’t horrible but I’d rather not feed them. All he ate was crickets. I ordered black solider fly larvae weeks ago but he wouldn’t eat it. Today I put it in his run cup & he ate them all up!!!! Didn’t have anywhere else to express my joy! So just wanted to shareView attachment 276622View attachment 276623View attachment 276623
That's awesome it's great when they try new foods I can totally relate to your excitement watching my chams enjoy life is very rewarding ?

I think you'll find that he'll go through phases like any other young animal (including humans) as he grows. When he gets bigger, you may try one or more of the various roach feeders, and one day he may surprise you by nibbling at a plant.

You may also find that he spends as much time studying you as you do studying him. :)

Congrats, the little victories count too. ;)

I think you'll find that he'll go through phases like any other young animal (including humans) as he grows. When he gets bigger, you may try one or more of the various roach feeders, and one day he may surprise you by nibbling at a plant.

You may also find that he spends as much time studying you as you do studying him. :)

Congrats, the little victories count too. ;)
I know he nibbled on the plants when he went through his food strike lol. I can’t wait to give him a variety of different foods. I know it’s good for him.
I catch him watching me often. We’re both trying to feel each other out.

Back
Top Bottom