importation from Africa

Chameflage

Does anybody know the email or contact information of MBT tanzania reptile farm? Or any other trustworthy exporters from Tanzania or Kenya?

Find a local breeder. The way most exporters from Africa operate is terrible and extremely cruel.

Hey Jono, chameflage is another South African, so we dont really have a choice ;)

I agree with what you have said jono but not all of them are that bad.

Chameflage and I are trying to find some exporters, we might do an import :D

Im not into cruelty at al but i realy feel our South African market is extreemely contrived with far to much inbreeding and there are several reputable breeders and traders in africa that deserve support

Some of them aren't but most of them are sadly and there is no solid way of confirming which is which without actually going there yourself.

This is Africa and when there is money to be made and nothing to regulate it the resource will undoubtedly raped. In this case for every 10 chameleons that make it 90 will die.

You know how hard it is to keep a chameleon correctly. Now imagine how little an uneducated person living in central Africa is going to know about proper husbandry. Think of what happens in the weeks/months of captivity between them being pulled out of the trees and being shipped out.

I wish you luck in your endeavor, I just hope you do it in a responsible way. Even with the best intentions I can't see how this would be possible unless you are planning a trip to Tanzania in the near future :)

It's a bit of a moot point anyway as the chances of our wildlife department letting you import export/import anything into the country is virtually zero.

Yes Jono I would only import if I know something good will come out of it.

What I can see for the future of panther chameleons is very bad which is why we need new bloodlines of different locales.
I know that there will be in the future: tamataves, ambilobes and 2 new blood lines of ambanjas, and the south africans will probably cross breed them. As they think a panther is simply a panther. People dont recognize that the bloods need to be kept clean, thats why I might be writing an article of the importance of keepin pure clean bloodlines in the Ultimate Exotics magazine.

Wel the SA market is so deprived of genetic variety with most of our panthers being inbred not to mension any of the tanzanian species. I dont beleive al breaders in africa are cruel.

Not to be flippant, but why not drive over there yourself and pick up a couple?

Maybe the drive distances don't look so close as they are on a computer screen. :eek:

Ty is right maintaining pure bloodlines is of ultimate importance both from a breeding and a conservation stand point unles it is responsibly done with accurate records being kept bt inevatably confusion may set in with consumers never 100percent sure what they geting

Actually considered it hey cud be one hek of a road trip would stop of at lake malawi 4 sure but theres stil the quarantine isue once in sa and im nt sure if customs at border post alows that and i want to go legal al the way.

Was actualy thinking about it would be one hek of a road trip id definately stop and check out lake malawi, but theres stil the problem of quarantine once in SA and im not sure of the regulations at each border customs at each country, and want to be totaly legal

Border customs will wring your neck for it. Though once they are actually in S.A and a bit away from the border lines (lol) they are legal and noone can do anything about it. Hint hint nudge nudge Ty ;) But you seem very set for 100% legal, all I can say that it will be painful, costly and make sure you have A LOT of patience for it.

Back
Top Bottom