im trying to convince my mom...

Thatcher

Chameleon Enthusiast
so i want another chameleon, no surprise there, but my moms argument against it is that ill go to college in 5 years idk why that matters because I have a beardie and leopard gecko who already will live past that but I think what will convince her is a chameleon that will live for less than 5 years like a carpet or adult cham, if she says yes where could i buy a carpet?

This really is not a good idea... You do not know how long something is actually going to live. When you go to college if you move into the dorms you can not take anything with you. Some places (like where I live) the apartments that are available do not allow any type of reptile. So this means your parents now have to take care of all the pets you leave behind. More is not always better. Learning everything you can at 13 and becoming comfortable with what is or isn't normal healthy behavior is important.

This really is not a good idea... You do not know how long something is actually going to live. When you go to college if you move into the dorms you can not take anything with you. Some places (like where I live) the apartments that are available do not allow any type of reptile. So this means your parents now have to take care of all the pets you leave behind. More is not always better. Learning everything you can at 13 and becoming comfortable with what is or isn't normal healthy behavior is important.
Oh ok

You shouldn't get animals just because they are cool. Animals are living things, who rely on you to live their life. How you care for them determines whether that life will be good or bad, long or short. Wait until you are done with school and in a stable environment to consider more animals. While Chameleons are amazing creatures, they are lots of work and very finicky/particular. From your first post it sounds like you just want another for the sake of having another. They are a commitment, and if you don't really want it and all that comes with it, it becomes a burden even if you wish you didn't see it that way. Wait until you are sure. :)

You shouldn't get animals just because they are cool. Animals are living things, who rely on you to live their life. How you care for them determines whether that life will be good or bad, long or short. Wait until you are done with school and in a stable environment to consider more animals. While Chameleons are amazing creatures, they are lots of work and very finicky/particular. From your first post it sounds like you just want another for the sake of having another. They are a commitment, and if you don't really want it and all that comes with it, it becomes a burden even if you wish you didn't see it that way. Wait until you are sure. :)
Yeah of course

I’ve felt this too, and it’s part of why I’m looking into fields where I would be working with different herps.

All of the members with armies of chams are in a more stable place (financially as well as physically) than you or I - I know you care about peach fuzz a lot, and you would be a wonderful carpet cham owner, but you should think about what’ll happen with your animals when you move out. Unfortunately your mom was right, but once you find somewhere to live on your own and can manage it, you can raise your own cham army.

I’ve felt this too, and it’s part of why I’m looking into fields where I would be working with different herps.

All of the members with armies of chams are in a more stable place (financially as well as physically) than you or I - I know you care about peach fuzz a lot, and you would be a wonderful carpet cham owner, but you should think about what’ll happen with your animals when you move out. Unfortunately your mom was right, but once you find somewhere to live on your own and can manage it, you can raise your own cham army.
True

Back
Top Bottom