Ikea Build. Need some suggestions

I highly recommend looking into bioactive! It's not nearly as difficult as it can sound. Lots of experienced folks here if you have questions! I have two bioactive enclosures myself (1 screen, 1 glass), and while I'd never call myself an expert I'm always happy to help where i can!

The Reptile and Amphibian Bioactive Setup (RABS) group on FB is a great place to start, for those curious! Lots of inspiration, too. :)

If I'm already there with the drainage, I might as well take a look! Thank you for this! I'll definitely hit you up if I start to go down that road

Ya the single one is what I saw first, thats too small, and that enclosure on pintrest was terribly inadequate.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've been running a business selling bioactive enclosures and kits for 2 years (and have 5 bio setups currently) so I'd be happy to help, it's way easier than you'd think ;)

Now with my foam rock wall in back, what would you suggest as layering for the substrate below? It'll drain through that main pipe into a wastewater tray or container

Now with my foam rock wall in back, what would you suggest as layering for the substrate below? It'll drain through that main pipe into a wastewater tray or container

Well I wouldn't do a Foam Rock Background. I would do ecoearth and if you are not too vested in what you got now, I would put cork into the background as well.

Since you don't have alot of depth, I would actually use cork panels, if you can afford it. The Cham can climb them and you can mount epiphytes to it.

Chameleons don't live with rock walls :p.

Update: Stone Pebble shower tiling is in the bottom and sealed. Mistking Starter has been ordered!

Attachments

• IMG_20200122_214657_01.jpg
    IMG_20200122_214657_01.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 130
Hey everyone, I finally got the plants put in and ready to go. I'm a bit worried, however, of the little guy squeezing in between the pots down low. I know that I read pots are easier and better in terms of him not eating substrate, but it feels like there are some tight spots in here that he'd be able to get trapped in. Any thoughts?
IMG_20200125_183047.jpg

foliage

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_190505.jpg
    IMG_20200125_190505.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20200125_191507_617.jpg
    IMG_20200125_191507_617.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20200125_191507_629.jpg
    IMG_20200125_191507_629.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20200125_190758.jpg
    IMG_20200125_190758.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 99
Hey guys, I am building a custom cage from an Ikea Fabrikor cabinet for the first time. This will be my first time owning a chameleon, so I do want to make sure the guy is comfy and happy in there. I am an avid nano tank builder, and have kept a Chinese water dragon before a few years prior. The cabinet is a little on the smaller side to start, but I am hoping to bring branches out from the main display as the little guy grows. Note: I do not have the chameleon yet, and am taking the time to make this build beautiful and perfect before he arrives! Any insight would be great. Looking to get a Mistking, but was wondering if I could do a drip system or homemade misting system from aquarium tubing instead? Any suggestions on live plants for this bad boy? Any successful use on shower tile for floor bottom? Hoping the two sides screen and a top screen with a possible small fan will be enough ventilation for him.

how did you replace the glass w screen? looking to do the same thing:)

Back
Top Bottom