I haven’t seen her basking

Throwingstones

Avid Member
I haven’t seen ember basking so much recently. Maybe I’m overthinking it, she probably does it while I’m at work. She’s been eating fine, moving fine. No weird sounds coming from her. Urates have been white. Temps and humidity are stable. I got a new bulb for my basking spot and lowered the watts. So it’s like 80 degrees now. Enclosure is maybe a little colder with the cold weather here and the house being a little colder along with the bulb change.

Attachments

• IMG_8062.jpeg
    IMG_8062.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8063.jpeg
    IMG_8063.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 22
I haven’t seen ember basking so much recently. Maybe I’m overthinking it, she probably does it while I’m at work. She’s been eating fine, moving fine. No weird sounds coming from her. Urates have been white. Temps and humidity are stable. I got a new bulb for my basking spot and lowered the watts. So it’s like 80 degrees now. Enclosure is maybe a little colder with the cold weather here and the house being a little colder along with the bulb change.
You could always spy on her with a small camera. @Steve A can tell you what type he has been using.

Is she showing any symptoms of anything?
Nope. The only thing difference is I don’t see her basking. Only thing I’ve changed is the bulb, but she has basked since then. And then I cut a few spider plant babies out of there. I noticed the overall ambient temp went down just around 2 degrees with the bulb change. House is colder due to colder temps outside but it’s still comfortable here.

Nope. The only thing difference is I don’t see her basking. Only thing I’ve changed is the bulb, but she has basked since then. And then I cut a few spider plant babies out of there. I noticed the overall ambient temp went down just around 2 degrees with the bulb change. House is colder due to colder temps outside but it’s still comfortable here.
There’s been a few chams lately with some changes that seem to be related to the seasons changing. If she doesn’t show any other symptoms or changes, I’d just keep an eye on her.

There’s been a few chams lately with some changes that seem to be related to the seasons changing. If she doesn’t show any other symptoms or changes, I’d just keep an eye on her.
Hopefully it’s related to that, this is my first winter with her. Thank you so much. I appreciate you! I’m always worried I will notice something going on too late.

Hopefully it’s related to that, this is my first winter with her. Thank you so much. I appreciate you! I’m always worried I will notice something going on too late.
I hear you! I don’t know if it’ll help ease your mind, but my sweet Kali never basks. If she does, she’s very secretive about it. I find her down low hunting isopods and wandering/traveling the mid levels but never the top. I’ll put her up to what is supposed to be her basking area and she climbs down from it. Lol She’s very active, has a healthy appetite, healthy elimination and has been like this for as long as I can remember. Obviously she’s getting her needed uvb and heat, I just never see it.

I hear you! I don’t know if it’ll help ease your mind, but my sweet Kali never basks. If she does, she’s very secretive about it. I find her down low hunting isopods and wandering/traveling the mid levels but never the top. I’ll put her up to what is supposed to be her basking area and she climbs down from it. Lol She’s very active, has a healthy appetite, healthy elimination and has been like this for as long as I can remember. Obviously she’s getting her needed uvb and heat, I just never see it.
I normally would see her in her basking spot early morning through afternoons on the weekend and then week days she was usually up there when I come home for lunch. She has been mid level lately wandering around. Always looking like she’s contemplating life and watching tv when it’s on😂 I also extended basking timer with the bulb and weather change in case she wanted it longer. Now I have my camera pointed right at it so I guess I’ll see.

I can attest to weather changes affecting Cham movement and mood. I was sooo worried that I took my guy to the Vet for the same thing you mention but he also wasn't eating which means no poop. Turns out his bloodwork was all within limits, no signs of infection, and his fecal was negative. I think he's struggling because of his age and the temp changes related to the change of seasons. I actually had to increase the temp at his basking area. It dropped to 73. He likes a 83 degree basking area. Then 2 days later the outside temp went up and his basking area was too hot. Go figure! Yes, more temp adjustments. I hope the weather settles down.

I can attest to weather changes affecting Cham movement and mood. I was sooo worried that I took my guy to the Vet for the same thing you mention but he also wasn't eating which means no poop. Turns out his bloodwork was all within limits, no signs of infection, and his fecal was negative. I think he's struggling because of his age and the temp changes related to the change of seasons. I actually had to increase the temp at his basking area. It dropped to 73. He likes a 83 degree basking area. Then 2 days later the outside temp went up and his basking area was too hot. Go figure! Yes, more temp adjustments. I hope the weather settles down.
I hope it settles down for you! It’s a never ending job.

You could always spy on her with a small camera. @Steve A can tell you what type he has been using.
I bought these on sale for like $22 each. I have 2 of them set up. They're a little more now. The quality is VERY Good. But I do sometimes have issues with the cameras showing up on the website.

However, 90%+ of the time they both work just fine. I keep Spike up at all times while I'm at work on my PC here in a browser lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NS5DPX2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here is Spike right now hunting in his little jungle for some breakfast bugs

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 19
I bought these on sale for like $22 each. I have 2 of them set up. They're a little more now. The quality is VERY Good. But I do sometimes have issues with the cameras showing up on the website.

However, 90%+ of the time they both work just fine. I keep Spike up at all times while I'm at work on my PC here in a browser lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NS5DPX2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here is Spike right now hunting in his little jungle for some breakfast bugs
That truly is a jungle. Spike probably practices his Tarzan yodel when you are not around.🤣

Back
Top Bottom