I got a new camera too!

chamelisa

I have been wanting to buy a friend's camera for the past week or two and I told my family all about it. I was thinking that if we waited until after the holidays, we might be able to do that. But the response from my family was lukewarm. It was a great deal, and I didn't want to miss out. Well, today I found out why they weren't saying much. My Christmas present from them was a Canon EOS REbel XSi.

My photography skills are not very good and I have a lot to learn about this camera but here are two photos I took today. With my old Canon Powershot, I got maybe one good photo out of five or six attempts.

The first photo, you'll notice that everything but the chameleon is in focus. You get a good view of the coconut fiber and the clippings I used for perches. The second picture is washed out because the sun was shining bright on this otherwise stormy day.

I really want to get into macro photography but not sure if that's affordable at this time. I've spent quite a bit on greenhouse components in the past month. I should hold off for a little while. ;)

Attachments

• Wied_baby.jpg
    Wied_baby.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 131
  • KINY-M2 Christmas.jpg
    KINY-M2 Christmas.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
What a cutie. Looks like he is about to shed. Be sure to give him extra mistings to help that skin pop off better.

Good luck with your camera. I have a very simple Minolta Dimage X60 and it is pretty much a point and click. LOL My husband is the one with the camera skills and enjoys using his camera but he has trouble sharing his pics.

Good stuff!

I think a Macro lense is more important than solacryl, I hear that stuff doesn't work anyway, EVEN if your meter tells you so!

Nice pics! How come you had the only sun in SoCal yesterday!?

I have been wanting to buy a friend's camera for the past week or two and I told my family all about it. I was thinking that if we waited until after the holidays, we might be able to do that. But the response from my family was lukewarm. It was a great deal, and I didn't want to miss out. Well, today I found out why they weren't saying much. My Christmas present from them was a Canon EOS REbel XSi.

My photography skills are not very good and I have a lot to learn about this camera but here are two photos I took today. With my old Canon Powershot, I got maybe one good photo out of five or six attempts.

The first photo, you'll notice that everything but the chameleon is in focus. You get a good view of the coconut fiber and the clippings I used for perches. The second picture is washed out because the sun was shining bright on this otherwise stormy day.

I really want to get into macro photography but not sure if that's affordable at this time. I've spent quite a bit on greenhouse components in the past month. I should hold off for a little while. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom