I broke Sancho of his Bad Habit!! YAY!

Sancho

Well as most of you know Sancho had a addiction and I had to rehab him from supers. He wouldn't eat anything else but them even after a 5 day hunger strike. Well he is now a silkworm man! which is much much better. He still won't touch a cricket but that is fine with me. Means I don't have to keep crickets at home. Dubias he will eat but not if he knows silks are in the house :D

Cool Beans!! Now instead of having stinky, noisy crickets, your house is going to smell like chow!!:D I cooked a huge batch of chow last week and the whole house stunk for about 8 hours!:eek: Whats even worse is the fact that I kinda liked it....:eek::eek: Do I have a chow fetish!?!?!?:eek::rolleyes::D

-Jay

great news mine loves silks to.

I'm just glad his addiction is silks instead of supers. Ponders gave me some big fat juicy ones yesterday and I think he actually feel inlove with them for a minute before he ate them. "aww look at this beautiful fat juicy silk! WAIT!! Slurp!" silk gone :D

Mine would eat meal worms every so often ( i didn't feed them all the time) but now he won't even touch them lol.

Cool Beans!! Now instead of having stinky, noisy crickets, your house is going to smell like chow!!:D I cooked a huge batch of chow last week and the whole house stunk for about 8 hours!:eek: Whats even worse is the fact that I kinda liked it....:eek::eek: Do I have a chow fetish!?!?!?:eek::rolleyes::D

-Jay

LOL me and Tylene were talking about that yesterday HAHA I hate the way it stinks when you make it and everyone else in my house loves it LOL. I have 5 pounds left to make but I will wait I still have a big container full and Tylene gave me some big 2"-3" silks yesterday so I don't want them to get much bigger

LOL me and Tylene were talking about that yesterday HAHA I hate the way it stinks when you make it and everyone else in my house loves it LOL. I have 5 pounds left to make but I will wait I still have a big container full and Tylene gave me some big 2"-3" silks yesterday so I don't want them to get much bigger

I have 24 cacoons atm and 2 moths emurged this morning, I am going to allow nature to take its course with these. I also have 700 small-meds growing atm. I'm a dam worm farmer.....yee haw!?!?:confused::eek::D

I have 24 cacoons atm and 2 moths emurged this morning, I am going to allow nature to take its course with these. I also have 700 small-meds growing atm. I'm a dam worm farmer.....yee haw!?!?:confused::eek::D

LOL worm farmer "Jayswormfarm.com" visit and get a free yee haw with each order hahaha..

This is my first time actually keeping silks. Normally I'll just buy 10 or so to feed off right away. But I have about 200 now and not sure what I do if they cocoon or if I need to change their setup when they start. Hopefully they will all be fed off before doing so.

Question to the experts.

Is it ok for Sancho to only eat Silks? He likes to denies any other feeder once he is hooked. I always try to give him different things but most of the time he will not go for dubia's or crickets so is silks ok as a main feeder?

Question to the experts.

Is it ok for Sancho to only eat Silks? He likes to denies any other feeder once he is hooked. I always try to give him different things but most of the time he will not go for dubia's or crickets so is silks ok as a main feeder?

any insects are not good when fed exclusively, although silkworm is pretty good as one of the staple. So, don't stop trying to offer various feeder as often as you can.

Sancho seems to be an adult already... in this case, you can starve him a bit if he is stubborn.

Dodolah I offer him Roaches and hornworms all the time roughly about once out of every 5 feedings he will eat one. Silks and supers he will eat every time. Supers are out of the question from now on.

Sancho was born on 6-20-08 so 10 months as of yesterday

I notice my female nosy be is only eating superworms as well.. I leave a huge silkworm in there for her for 2 days and she won't even touch it! Once a superworm is introduce she will go right after it. Seems like they do get bored of their food when they reach around that age..

I notice my female nosy be is only eating superworms as well.. I leave a huge silkworm in there for her for 2 days and she won't even touch it! Once a superworm is introduce she will go right after it. Seems like they do get bored of their food when they reach around that age..

I know what you mean. He would only eat supers for like a month and I had to stop that so I starved him for a week and he finally ate a dubia. Then after that didn't want dubias again! I showed him a super and he was ready to attack so I showed him the super and soon as his tounge started to come out I swapped hands and the other hand had a dubia in it. So I did that for a few weeks until I got my silks and now he goes for silks like he did supers.

i started my guy on a lobster roach diet, but he still insists on only eating the freashly molted ones.

Sancho,

How much/often are you feeding sancho and how old is he? I like to keep my chams "hungry" so they snag the feeders as soon as they go in the cage. This assures me that the insects are gutloaded when consumed and also helps avoid picky eaters/hunger strikes. I wouldn't completely cut him off supers, but maybe just every one in a while. I believe chintin in the diet as roughage can have positive effects.

Hope this helps,

Todd

How much/often are you feeding sancho and how old is he? I like to keep my chams "hungry" so they snag the feeders as soon as they go in the cage. This assures me that the insects are gutloaded when consumed and also helps avoid picky eaters/hunger strikes. I wouldn't completely cut him off supers, but maybe just every one in a while. I believe chintin in the diet as roughage can have positive effects.

Hope this helps,

Todd

Todd, Sancho turned 10 months two days ago. Sancho has been getting a dubia or silk every morning and a silk when I get home. Feeders are always gutloaded (dubias gut load on carrots, cricket crack, and many others)

Back
Top Bottom