Humidity!!!!

Cutthbertt

I have a female Jackson’s chameleon who is an adolescent (I’m guessing) and I have a mess habitat. I’m having a hard time keeping rn humidity high enough at night time. I have a fogger, a humidifier, a dripping system, and I spray daily. How can I keep the humidity high with a mesh cage???!? Help!!!

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a window winterizing kit. They are clear sheets of plastic you can put on your windows in the winter to keep heat in and cold out. You can use it the same way on most of your enclosure. Just remember to leave one side or part not covered so you have some ventilation and air movement. They usually cost like $10-20.

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a window winterizing kit. They are clear sheets of plastic you can put on your windows in the winter to keep heat in and cold out. You can use it the same way on most of your enclosure. Just remember to leave one side or part not covered so you have some ventilation and air movement. They usually cost like $10-20.
This is a great option, and shower curtain works as well!

I have used plastic wrap before, but I like shower curtains better. One large shower curtain from Target costs about 5 bucks and it can wrap around three sides of the enclosure. I only need one shower curtain for an XL zoomed screen cage. The best part about getting a shower curtain is that you can get it in different colors ( I chose solid white--which I suppose really isn't a color...). Additionally, if you choose a nontransparent shower curtain (instead of plastic wrap) your chameleon will feel much safer since she will only have to "guard" herself from one side of the cage as opposed to all 4 sides. I noticed a big difference when I moved from transparent plastic wrap to a nontransparent shower curtain. IMO the solid white shower curtains looks niiiiiiccee.

Also, how many plants do you have in your cage? Plants + Soil tend to keep in the humidity quite well.

I found that doing a rain dance really helps as well.

But to answer your question more directly. Yes, plastic wrap will work. I just think that there are better options out there.

Also, corrugated plastic works.

Jeez, sorry for all the separate replies. I should have just thought about everything the first time and responded only once.

I have used plastic wrap before, but I like shower curtains better. One large shower curtain from Target costs about 5 bucks and it can wrap around three sides of the enclosure. I only need one shower curtain for an XL zoomed screen cage. The best part about getting a shower curtain is that you can get it in different colors ( I chose solid white--which I suppose really isn't a color...). Additionally, if you choose a nontransparent shower curtain (instead of plastic wrap) your chameleon will feel much safer since she will only have to "guard" herself from one side of the cage as opposed to all 4 sides. I noticed a big difference when I moved from transparent plastic wrap to a nontransparent shower curtain. IMO the solid white shower curtains looks niiiiiiccee.

Also, how many plants do you have in your cage? Plants + Soil tend to keep in the humidity quite well.

I found that doing a rain dance really helps as well.
I have a dracaena in my cage but it’s fairly large so it’s the only plant that will fit in there. The other two plants/ vines are fake but I do have real tree sticks as well.

Back
Top Bottom