Humidifiers

Sky11

I have a mistking but what is the purpose of a humidifier? Is it just for if you're having a hard time with keeping your humidity levels up? Haven't really gotten a clear answer from the research I've done so I thought I could give it a shot on here and see what you guys think cause to my knowledge they're kinda pointless.

I have a mistking but what is the purpose of a humidifier? Is it just for if you're having a hard time with keeping your humidity levels up? Haven't really gotten a clear answer from the research I've done so I thought I could give it a shot on here and see what you guys think cause to my knowledge they're kinda pointless.
I have one but I don’t use it. To recreate natural conditions in the wild and enhance hydration, you can use one at night for a few hours when the temps are cooler. I just run a few seconds of my Mist King during the night instead.

Long story short. Under current and most recent studies on care and in the wild shows that low temp < 70 and 100% humidity is a means of hydration for chameleons.
Weather or not a fogger is needed, or require to properly keep you chameleon is debatable.
I think the two aspects you need to focus on are temp and humidity. If you humidity stays much below 80% and temp 70-71 through the night, I would suggest a fogger. If temps are down to 67 or less but humidity is low, covering sides and a late night extra mist may do the job.

Back
Top Bottom